Does anyone know of a state that accepts Florida certification without taking that

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by history, May 10, 2014.

1. history

history Companion

May 12, 2014

Thank you, you are the only one on this blog that seems to understand what I am asking. I agree about certain states making you go through some form of difficulty,but when I do narrow a state(s) down I have to also worry about keeping my current certification while being able to gain another states certification. The most difficult part would be finding a job. I hope to gain a min. of 3 years experience and hope the state I pick only requires a workshop rather than a exam

2. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

May 13, 2014

The chances are a state's school district will not even interview you unless you get certified in that state; in other words, a clear credential, prior to getting an interview.

You have to contact the department of education in each state to find out whether you have to go through any hoops. Nobody here can help you with that.

There is no such thing as "reciprocity" in teaching licenses.

I found in a local school district there were 45--count 'em, 45--applicants for three positions in special education. This is allegedly a "high needs" area. It isn't.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 13, 2014

That averages out to 15 applications for each job....thats not really a large pool from which to choose.:2cents:

4. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

May 13, 2014

Looked at TSPC, and Oregon has some reciprocity with Florida re exams. The problem is getting a job here, which is just about impossible.

5. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

May 13, 2014

This. Around here it's not uncommon to have hundreds of applicants. I applied for a job in NE OH that had over 1500 applicants for ONE position.

6. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

May 15, 2014

I don't know about from Florida, but I received GA teacher certification from another state (NY) easily. I submitted papers documenting at least three years of experience, my transcripts, and evidence of my cert. I received the GA cert in about two weeks. So, Florida to GA might be similar.