Does anyone know of a good place to get die cut stamps?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lou reed, Apr 10, 2010.

1. lou reed

lou reed Companion

Apr 10, 2010

I have a project every year which involves parents spending a long time hand tracing and cutting a specific shape out of felt. It would be so much easier and time-efficient if I invested in a die cut stamp for them to use. I'm googling to no avail. Does anyone know of a good site to buy from? (I'm talking about the old-school, 5'' kind with the levers, not the fancy laser kind.) Any ideas?

3. tgim

tgim Habitué

Apr 11, 2010

In SLC you must have several scrapbooking stores. Our local one periodically has something called "Free Accu-cut Day" (tomorrow here!) and you can go in and use their machines/dies to cut out as much as you want. Check to see if they have what you want. Otherwise, at our school we use Ellison as our letter/die cut supplier, but I am not sure of the size...I should know.... :eek:

4. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Apr 11, 2010

Your library might have one. When I was a children's librarian we had the accu-cut machine and it was available for anyone to use- if they wanted to. You just have to bring your own paper/felt/whatever- and I think it was like 10 cents to use it- something ridiculous. As the librarian I used it a ton, but no one really came in to use it because they did not know about it. However, we could also order any die cut and get in the next day, but if it was near a holiday and the die cut was in demand it took a week. So, I would call up some local libraries and ask. It is worth a try! Good luck! You can ask to see the brochure to pick out whatever die you want- pretty cool. I am going to be investing in one myself someday!

5. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Apr 11, 2010

6. lou reed

lou reed Companion

Apr 12, 2010

Thanks for the replies. Tgim, I didn't think to look around here, thank you for the suggestion. The locals do love their scrapbooking and I could probably find it in town. The shape I need is a basic cross (I'm in a catholic school.) Our local school district has a plethora of diecuts, but obviously no religious symbols. Thanks all!

7. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Apr 12, 2010

Did you try Elison? They make tons of dies.

8. lou reed

lou reed Companion

Apr 13, 2010

kindergarten31, Ellison had exactly what I needed. Thank you!

9. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Apr 14, 2010

No problem!:)