Does anyone know a real slob??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Master Pre-K, Jun 24, 2007.

1. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

Jun 25, 2007

Yes, I know a real slob. My ex-husband, father of my grown sons, and two of our sons, except one now lives with his girlfriend, so she keeps things in order. I'm not sure if it's hereditary. I should have been more heavy-handed I suppose, but my parents were such neat-freaks that I didn't want a power struggle all the time like they had with me.

I'm pretty middle of the road in my habits.

2. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2007

Yes i believe living the way my mom chooses to live is some sort of mental disorder. I think she has had and continues to be undiagnosed depression. Could even be bipolar. She has been this way all my life. I don't make excuses for her anymore though. When I was a kid it was because she was married to my Dad. Well I have since found out and realized it was my Mom who was the issue. Yes a happy medium is what I strive for.

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 25, 2007

I'm a stacker and a clutterer. My house is clean in the sense that there aren't dirty dishes around and it gets dusted fairly often, but there are stacks in lots of places. If you need something, just ask, I know where it is, in what stack and at what level. I'm horribly ADD when it comes to things like housework. I get started on putting a stack away (which ends up being a mistake because then I can't find the stuff!) and get sidetracked by something in it and 2 days later the partial stack is still there. That doesn't stop the critters though. I emptied half a can of Raid (after I found it - it's been that long since I needed it) on the *shuuddddder* roach crawling in the corner (I have a slight phobia.) Even after seeing his upturned carcass later didn't help my sleepless night because I just knew there'd be another crawling on my bed. (He was in the living room so I couldn't stay in there.) It took some doing but I finally maneuvered him into a garbage bag today. My landlord has an exterminator that comes every month and if I find one of "them" it's usually already dead and this fellow was moving slow, but still ...excuse me while I go do my heebie jeebie roach dance.

4. glenn

glenn Rookie

Jun 25, 2007

I have a friend who has a very messy house. You would really have to see his house to appreciate how messy it is. I kind of wonder if that is one of the reasons his wife divorced him. He never throws anything out and stores everything on the floor. He is unable to vacuum because you cannot find the floor. He saves every piece of mail delivered to his house. I reached in the bottom of the pile and found a grocery ad from 4 years ago. It is sad he does not want people coming over to his house. Right now his toilet is backed up and he is too embarrassed to call a plumber. Good thing he has 3 bathrooms.

Glenn

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

My husbands college roommate was the worst. He made pea soup one day, spilled it all over the carpet...the next week it was still there. He NEVER even cleaned it up, not a wipe, nothing! This was only one incident. I refused to ever sleep in that place. When you walked in you could smell the stench. This was not even normal it was so bad...not even for a college guy.

My cousin and her husband are like this as well. She is home all week long, doesn't work, and still doesn't clean up her house. I have no idea how she can live in such filth. I admit, I am a little more OCD about cleaniness than average, but she takes the cake in the opposite direction.

6. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 25, 2007

Aawww, gee. I am a former messy, but I never left food around. (gulp) Early in my teaching career, I would misplace coffee cups half full and a student would find them moldy sometimes. How embarassing now to think of.

What helped me so much was Fly Lady! That is a fantastic website by the way. They will get you on track with a cleaning schedule that is do-able, and email you your tasks every day, so if you are naturally unorganized, you don't have to think about what you should do. Take 15 minutes and work like heck, then stop if you want to. I have also scaled down on "stuff" and my classroom rule now is that if something comes in, something has got to go out. At home I have a hard time keeping organized and neat, but it is clean. In the summers I do deep cleaning and get as much unnecessary stuff as I can out of the house for good. My husband is a neatnik so I really have to work at it on my end.

I think some people can't look at a cleaning task and figure out how to get from A to B. It is overwhelming, so they ignore it, then it grows. Plus they have a high tolerance level, thus they are often the nicest people around, and very giving and generous. They tolerate our irritating behavior like they tolerate their mess. I think people are overwhelmed and haven't been taught HOW to organize so it is easier to keep things clean.

7. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jun 25, 2007

My husband's college rental house was really bad. He kept getting sick because there was toxic mold growing everywhere. Plus they never cleaned. Whenever I went to visit I only stayed for a few minutes and always felt like I needed to shower when I left! He moved out after a couple of months. The roommate stayed another 2 years. The house was so filthy and disgusting that when the roommate finally moved out, it was condemned and razed. It's now a parking lot.

8. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 25, 2007

Funny!!
    Otter - I am so glad you found the corpse! You will never forget that smell, so if you ever have it around again you will know to go hunting for a corpse! I once had a white mouse escape the cage in my classroom, and die in a book bag. It smelled so bad but nobody could find where the smell was coming from. I finally found it about a month later.

Ick. Creepy to think the thing got so close!!! I am proud of you for getting rid of it!

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

I cannot go into my MIL's house. It's the carpet(I think.) It smells like urine. I walked in her house the other day and had to walk right back outside trying not to throw up. I just can't take bad smells like that. She is a very dirty person. THe cat litter pan sits in the kitchen right next to the table and it is seldom cleaned. I wish my stomach could handle it. If I even think about the smell, I start to gag. The house is a very modern, newer house and she has loads of money, so you'd think she would hire a cleaning lady, but she won't.

10. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 25, 2007

I dated a guy once. We would always do things together at my house. After six months, he finally let me see his house. He lived with his father and brother. The only three clean spots in the house were the toilet, the dad's chair and the dad's bed. Trash, clothes, discarded food and roaches:eek: were everywhere! I prayed that I would never go back! Well, we had to go back one night so he could take care of the bird. She was a beautiful pearl cockateil in a huge metal cage. When we flipped the lights on, the bottom of her cage was covered in the huge mommy and daddy roaches:eek: Needless to say she came home with me that night!

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

that really bugs me!

well, I lied..I said I would be back until the weekend.

but the bug thread touched a nerve..

Have we been brought up to believe that only messy, dirty people have roaches, silverfish and centipedes?

didn't poor ottermom find a rat, and she hadn't not even moved a box of dishes into her new house!

What about those awful neighbors that send their critters and creatures to us? It was next to impossible to live in an apartment in the city, and not have a visit from the oldest living species on the planet.

I almost died living in L.A., since some of them fly! I thought snails were cute, until I stepped on one every morning for 10 years! I prayed for snow to come down the mountains, and kill the flies I was not used to seeing in February!

So what happens to those who are soooo messy, they get critters for company? Why don't they even bother to kill them! Are they suffering from a illness that caues them to ignore basic health guidelines?

I never knew ants were so terrifying, until I lived in L.A. and saw them stampede upside my doorway, across the counter, and somehow found one smidgen of a crumb I left on the table. UUGGGGHHHHHH! Try turning on the light to that one! It is worse when it rains...they don't like rain. I didn't know. I thought that was just a kids' song...the ants go marching two by two...

sigh...

teachers unite! we must combat clutter in our classrooms, and be a organized role model to our students! We must attempt to have an organized home, so our family will do likewise. Otherwise, we may end up spending money on roach motels!

which stink, and only bring more by the way!

12. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 25, 2007

Having bugs or critters descend on your house is not a sign of being dirty. I was shocked to move to Texas and find roaches EVERYWHERE. Where I grew up, it was the poor who had roaches. Probably because they didn't have the money to fumigate and lived in run down buildings. Oh, tha ants! I grew up with ants invading the house every summer! They were hard to combat, but harmless.

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 25, 2007

I just had to pass on this tidbit. I was scrubbing down my kitchen today (cabinets, etc) When I got to the stove...I skipped the skillet drawer! (I began to remember this smell that I'd had a while back and never found the cause of. I just wasn't woman enough!) Yes, the smell was more on my front porch and only when it rains (which is all the time lately), but still.... :D

On the critter front, it has a lot to do with where you live. Down here everyone gets roaches (water bugs) from time to time, especially during really wet or really dry times. Field mice are EVERYWHERE. Lizzie takes care of that for me. My landlord pays for an exterminator so I see very little in the way of living critters, just the odd body part, especially of daddy long legs that Lizzie leaves all over the place. I grew up in the country, Mama kept a very neat house, but we had a barn. That meant that critters found their way into the house from time to time. Of course, that's probably why I'm not afraid of mice and rats. When we'd go feed the cows we were always finding wood rats in the feed bucket (especially if my sister had fed, she was really bad about not putting the lid on good). We'd throw Butterball in and either he'd come out packing the rat or he'd run out. If he ran out that meant it was too big/mean for him and we'd go get Daddy.

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

and is it true they have bugs in florida that can eat paint off of your car??

so, ...it is an area where critters live, and definitely not the way you are living!

are the buildings run down, or...are people running them down??

hey, is that where we get the expression...."poor slob"??

What, you can't be a rich slob?

Does anyone know somebody who is filthy rich?! :D

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

and..is it business or personal

Last but not least,

are we more inclined to ignore personal, homemade messiness or messy homes, rather than fellow co-workers, and those stacks of papers :D ??

I covered a pre-k class today. As soon as the kids were down for nap, I cleared off a shelf that was bugging :)D ) the heck out of me! Just packed with partially completed parent/child forms, kid's art work, a teacher's water bottle, left over graham crackers..a sock! But I put everything in it's right place, and whew! I felt a whole lot better.

And, I could SEE!

My uncle has a small business. He works from a cute little home, and from the street, you wouldn't know..until you saw the sign on the door.

Inside, is another story.
    Newspapers everywhere, CDs, plugs, cords, phones, a cat, photos. I am really scared this place will catch fire. His cat just meows, and steps over, goes to the back. (never been to the back...the BACK even conjures up deeper diasters in my mind)

But I have never seen his house messy!

so... might we say, your home is your castle...and your life,
    but your classroom should be somewhat organized, and food free?

16. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

BTW Glenn,

Nice to meet you!! Please join in and look around for other threads that aren't quite as messy!

:)

We promise not to bug ;) you....

17. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

I am not a country girl:eek: :sorry:

18. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jun 25, 2007

I finally read the postings after last night! Bonne B's mouse-dead-in-a-book-bag had me ROFL.

There are roaches everywhere in Texas. When my dad was in the Navy in WWII, he and Mom were stationed in New Orleans. Dad (from Wisconsin) and Mom (Illinois) had never seen those big roaches before and were horrified!

Their landlady told them NO FOOD in the room, but Mom snuck a Hershey Bar in and put it in a vase on the mantel. When she got back that afternoon, there was a line of ants up to and in their second floor window, and on up to the vase.

Then, they ended up in Texas, where the roaches are Louisiana-size, and the ants aren't harmless, they STING and BITE at the same time. It causes pimple-like wounds that get infected. Fire ants have killed birds, pets and even people.

Ooooh, I'm moving back to Wisconsin, where all we had were world-class mosquitos and no-see-ums.

:p

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

stop it...stop it! you guys are scaring me!!! I saw one of those big water bugs at my school. Okay, poor neighborhood, poor kids, am I doomed?? I am SO scared one will climb into my bag one day, and end up in my new condo!

Everyone will vote me out of the building!!!!

no mosquitos in L.A. they say they have them, but I never saw one. make up for it with flying water bugs!!!

since we are into pests, and not just pesky people...what about fleas that come in your house and you don't even have a dog?

My ex thought I was nuts when I said something was biting me in the middle of the nite! I had red marks all over my legs, like chicken pox! I learned that he cut the grass, fleas hitchiked onto his pants, I sorted dirty laundry and they jumped out. Lived in carpet...that is why we vacuum!

and...if you leave out for a few weeks, they multiply, get mad, and sense you have returned...and are really vicious!

I will clean my room
    I will clean my room
    I will clean my room

20. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jun 25, 2007

Oh, my, the dog is scratching. I'm worried.

The WORST pest I've encountered recently were the slugs in Seattle when I went to visit my brother and sis-in-law. They call them banana slugs. They're that big. You haven't lived until you (as a warm-weather barefoot Texan) go out to fetch the newspaper sans zapatos, and step on 8 inches of quivering slime. Ugh, ugh, ugh. This was actually WORSE than the rat. :eek:

21. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

Ae slugs just snails without clothes??? I thought snails were cute in kids' books. they are all sizes, but mainly huge. come out in wee hours of nite. You leave out, like worms after rain...they just stand there waiting to be squished. only worse, you practically trip and fall cause they are soo big, and you hear and feel the CR-UNNNCH!, and look down, and it looks totally disgusting!

so..that's why the gardner was hosing off the sidewalk every morning! I thought L.A. is such a strange place..who washes the sidewalk?

and thinking about sidewalks and L.A. they harbor lots of chamelons. not the cute little gecko in the GIECO commerical. He stays green. you never know where a chamelon may be lurking!

I hear chamelons think roaches are a feast!

any science teachers out there to validate this??

hey, does junky garages and back yard count for this thread!??

My ex's family had so much junk in their garage, they NEVER could fit the cars inside. In fact, I had never seen any car inside a garage in L.A.

I am so glad to be home!!!

I will clean up
    I will clean up

22. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

wait a minute... did my eyes decieve me....

or did I actually read....

eight inches of quivering slime!! RLOF

I better go to bed now!!! :0

23. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 25, 2007

A cure for slug/snails (from the magazine Organic Gardening): Take a jar lid (any kind of one piece jar lid), clean it out, and fill it with your choice of beer (we used the cheapest we could find). Set it on the ground near where you have seen the slimies. During the night, they will all "go to the bar" and get a snootful -- most of them will drown in the beer! The rest you can pour salt on, which will dry them up. All you have to do then is rinse out your jar lid to get it ready for your next assault! (We used to garden... back when we were young and had energy and time!)

There is a cure for anal retentiveness. My hubby was VERY anal retentive when I first met him. He lived in a 2 bedroom house by himself, and everything, even the toilet was clean! He has 3 huge toolboxes and, in spite of them all being full to almost overflowing, he knows exactly where each and every tool is -- he can even tell if I have borrowed something and put it back! Unfortunately, it seems as if marriage has cured his anal retentiveness, at least in the house. He now leaves more stacks everywhere than I do! So far, we haven't lost any of the animals in the clutter....

24. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

I could not live anywhere on this earth where they have bugs bigger than bananas! :0

:D I can't repeat what I am thinking!!!

well part of it....how on earth do these nasty people we know find space to...???

three rooms should be clean...bath, kitchen and bedroom

do they just curl up on top of the trash in their bed??? Or knock it on the floor like I do?

ooops!

not used to this new schedule..I need to go to bed. This is not me at all! :D

please disregard the last three threads from masterP

25. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 25, 2007

ROFL!

26. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

Jun 25, 2007

I used to live in South Carolina. Everyone had roaches, it was awful. I hated it there. Here in the mountains of Washington State, no one has roaches. There are no roaches anywhere, only an occasional earwig. We don't have any annoying insects here. We hardly even have mosquitos, at least at my house. There are no fire ants, all the ants live under rocks in the yard and you rarely see them, and they are pleasant little creatures. We don't even have slugs in the garden, nor snails. They are all on the westside of the mountains.

When I lived in Joshua Tree CA we had scorpians. They were really creepy. We also had humongus ants that bit. The worst ones were the purple ants. They were huge and had a mean bite that would make your kids scream for a long time. We also had lots of rattlesnakes. But there were no roaches.

27. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2007

what are guys trying to do to me here!!! Give me crazy nightmares!!! GardenDove, I just tried to forget about the Earwig and Dr. Hitchcock. Do those things really crawl into your ears!!! no, don't tell me!

Can't you die from a scorpion bite? Aren't those things so evil, they will kill themselves if you corner them, so you can eat them after they are dead? :0

Purple ants they actually come in Purple

Wasn't a new color M & M???

Jeez, snakes GardenDove...do not move back to CA! In Los Angeles, I saw roosters and snakes in my pre-schoolers back yard. How's that for a home visit?!

Okay, what about the slobs who's refridgerator looks like...their house. They put 3 day old left overs in the microwave, eat half, and come back to it in the morning.

Not cold pizza people!

I mean chicken I left in the oven all night! Ex said his mom does this all the time, and ate a leg in front of me!

He had a stomach like a goat!

I will go to bed
    I will go to bed
    I will go to bed!!!

28. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 25, 2007

I am always shocked when I watch a show on HGTV, and they show a house that has no window screens! We would die around here without them!

I think we have just about every insect known to man. Well, we don't have the Afrikaanized honey bees yet, but they are moving our way! Fire ants. roaches, water bugs, silverfish, mosquitos, June bugs, stink bugs, slugs, snails, daddy longlegs, black widows, moths, butterflies, you name it, we have it. Every winter we pray for a cold one (that we haven't had in years) so that the bugs will be less the next summer.

I think I've seen the ants you are describing. We call them "Cow ants" here. They are huge and look like they are covered with red velvet. From what I hear, they don't bite often, but when they do it is horrible..

29. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

Jun 25, 2007

Not sure is they are the same, in Joshua Tree all the ants lived out in the open in huge mounds in the desert. There was an amazing variety. The purple ones had a purplish hue to them, they had a viscious bite that hurt really badly, for at least 15 minutes after you got stung. We also had little tiny viscious red ants.That was in the High Desert so the scorpians did not have a deadly sting, but they were horrible looking, We would catch them and put them in a jar, once we put two in a jar together.

Louisiana takes the cake for horrible insects, but South Carolina was pretty horrible with the viscious yellow flies that attacked your baby as you pushed the stroller, and the horrible horseflies that were so enormous.

Here in Washington, it's very civilized with no horrible insects.

30. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2007

velvet...ants wearing velvet coats?

wow, who needs public television with you guys around!

who lives in alaska...do they have bugs there?
    and where do you dump your trash?
    in the city dump...now there is an address for you
    catch a wiff when you drive by on the expressway..
    do you have a trash capactor or garbage disposal?
    Do these help??
    or do you recycle all your plastic and cans..or just ...collect them on your back porch!

31. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2007

would you ever date, marry a garbage collector??

Hey, they have good benefits, and work decent hours. Are we being judgemental?? are we talking about the person, or his/her line of work.

inquiring minds want to know...

32. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 26, 2007

ROFL! My husband is an Environmental Specialist for the power company, and my mom used to joke that I married a garbage man! LOL And yes, he has good benefits and works decent hours (most of the time) and gets paid pretty well, too!

My dad lives in (Bethel) Alaska. They have huge big mosquitoes and flies there in the summer. During the winter I don't think there's a bug brave enough to try it.

I remember when there was really a town dump, kinda like the one on the Andy Griffith show, only it stank worse. Now we just have boring landfills. Yes, I have a trash compactor, which is good, because since I live in the country, I don't have trash pickup, we have to deliver it to the town dumpster ourselves, and that cuts down on the number of trips we have to make. We recycle soda cans. The other stuff we should, but have stopped doing it since it's just the two of us.

33. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jun 26, 2007

My friend has a neighbor that lives across the street from her that has ALL of her seasonal decorations on the front porch. It's quite humorous to see the christmas tree and Santa Claus along with the Easter bunny, witch, and cupid on the porch. I would hate to see the inside of her house, every yard sale I've been to in the last 2 years, this lady has been at buying LOTS of stuff.

34. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 26, 2007

Here in Alaska, we have giant yellow slugs and giant black slugs. I won't tell you what they eat, it is just not printable. But, they also destroy your garden, eating from the roots up! I live next to the forest, so I would have to have beer on tap to kill them all. Maybe beer on tap is not such a bad idea - I wouldn't mind them killing my plants so much!

Here is my roach story. I grew up, as I said, in Ca. where the only roaches were in the run down buildings where the poor lived (I was poor, but we lived in a brand new housing development, so no roaches!). So I always thought only poor, or dirty people had roaches. Then I went to college in Texas! I had a job cleaning a preschool everyday. One day a friend went with me and we were practically assaulted by several giant flying roaches! They were about 3-4 inches long! They flew! We were so horrified. This preschool practically didn't need cleaning - just take the garbage out and mop, but it was almost pristine let me tell you.

We were cornered by the roaches, but we flipped a big piece of plywood on them, which did not kill them, but slowed them down enough for us to escape.

Then I started noticing roaches in my dorm. Ok, it was a real old building. But I quickly figured out that roaches were pretty much everywhere in Texas. I would always check my bed at night for bugs, except for this one time ...

I had been in bed about 10 minutes and I felt something crawling on my leg. I kept telling myself,"Nah, you are just imagining it." Finally I grabbed at the spot and caught one of the big roaches, crawling up my leg!!!!!!!!!!!! I squished it to death with my bare hand, I was so angry! After that, whenever I saw a roach, big or small, I just smashed it flat with my hand. I was very proud of myself for overcoming my terror and becoming a roach terrorist.

35. mincc

mincc Companion

Jun 26, 2007

This thread is making me itch.

The worst slobs I have ever seen were when we were looking for a home to buy. There were a few we went into that resulted in me having to come home and take a shower immediately. :eek:

The two "winners", the woman who had a tub that was full of mold. In her kitchen she had a trash can, but apparently when she threw stuff away, some of it (much of it) splattered on the wall next to it. There must have been years worth of spatters. Gross. She was also growing all kinds of flowers in her backyard...not pretty, it looked like a freakish jungle. She was out there when we arrived and all she talked about was the scary jungle.

The second lady's house reminded me of something out of a horror movie. When we pulled up, I was afraid to go in, all it was missing was scary music. We decided to be polite and when we got in there, it didnt look to bad until-we asked her about the garage and she hesitated. Why? The entire floor was filled with cat litter, used litter, feces and all. It was a giant litterbox. And judging by those piles, her dog was using that potty, too. Gross.

The reason we were moving was our adjoining neighbors. They were nuts. They were nasty. They would throw their trash bags out the second story window and if the bags missed the cans, oh well. When it rained, the water would come into our yard, complete with dirty diapers, pads and tampons. Gross. We did put a privacy fence up and they wanted to know why. Hello!

36. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 26, 2007

I am a super clean person! I cannot sleep in a messy room and I cannot walk into a kitchen without wiping crumbs off the counter. I don't care who's counter it is - I will wipe it off! I do not come from an overly clean family - they are neat, but not super clean. My mom always says I should be one of the organizer's on TLC's "Clean Sweep" show because I am always throwing out other people's "treasure".

37. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2007

OMG...why have we not found a cure for the common cockroach!

yes, I went to school,and better start studying...

but...what about those gnats in the bathroom

what do they eat??

what's the sense of grabbing that paper seat cover when you see gnats fly off of it!

and the bug killers! my hats off to you. I think I knew when I was grown, when I killed one with my bare hand...since I moved away from home, and I knew mom or dad would not come over and kill it.

and if you don't they have babies..

I'm picking everything up off the floor except the rug!

38. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 27, 2007

Oooohh, Master Pre-K! You crack me up! Really the bugs that get to me are the fruit flies that magically appear when you have bananas in the kitchen. They are so tiny and creepy! At least with the roaches, etc. you can see them coming!

39. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2007

yeah, makes you think twice about eating those bananas.. :0

I think they have cousins who live in Miracle Grow potting soil! I swear I had beautiful spider (LOL) plants and philodander somethings, and thought I was being a good plant mother to re-pot them.

two days later I was infested with those buggers. They would swoop down on me as soon as I started eating!

I ended up tossing all my plants! Could never kill those little flies!

started back with a few plants for my new home. spraying leaves with dishwashing liquid and water..hear that kills 'em.

Let me go study!!!

Roach Test

dead roach...little problem
    walking roaches, problem
    roaches that run when the lights come on...major problem
    roaches that stop, look at you and starting walking again...MOVE

40. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2007

Hahaha! The crumbs on the cupboard! THat drives me nuts, too. Another things that drives me crazy is "clutter." I seem to have my fair share of it and all of a sudden, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE and start clearing everything in sight out of the way, ya know newspapers, the cat's brush, mail, shoes. My worst offense is that I HATE folding laundry and there is usually a basket under foot waiting to be put away.