Does anyone have exp with a medicine called Buspar?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 19, 2011

I havent taken it yet because I want to learn more before getting the prescription filled. Tonight I will look online abt it.

3. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Jul 19, 2011

I took it years ago. I had a good experience with the drug. I remember by dr. telling me it didn't work on everyone. I think I took it for about a year.

4. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 19, 2011

I took it for a month or so about 10 years ago. It really didn't work very well for me.

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 19, 2011

hmmm...I am finding mainly great results from the few reviews online from diff people...I need to keep on looking up more. Im wary of medicines for the brain because back in college ssri's were terrible...this isnt a ssri bit its.for anxiety symptoms. ..Ive been going so long with med amd I thk its worth a try in addition to talking with my counselor.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2011

My DH took it for awhile. He was in a car accident, and he had a brain injury. The doctor noticed his anxiety and OCD tendencies while he was in the hospital, and he prescribed it for him.

DH said it didn't help, although everybody else thought it did. (I didn't know him at the time.) It is really, really hard to get him to take any medication.

7. kme93

kme93 Companion

Jul 20, 2011

I took this a few years ago for anxiety. I didn't have any complaints about it. It's not an emergency fix though. It's like an SSRI where you have to take it daily and let the levels build up in your system. I eventually weaned off of it and moved to an emergency case only med.

I've been on several SSRIs, anxiety, and sleep meds if you have any questions.