Does anyone have a list of ways students can publish their work?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 2inspire, Jul 14, 2009.

1. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Jul 14, 2009

I'd like to put a list of ways my students could publish their work in the classroom but I'm not coming up with many options. Does anyone have something they'd be willing to share?

3. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Jul 14, 2009

--Make posters
    --Make advertisements
    --Hall of fame (transparent plastic folder for each child where they can put in their favorite pieces of work to show off)
    --Does your class have a webpage? It can be shared there.
    --Make a booklet and copy up for each student to have (if possible -shrink to 50% to save paper)
    --Any room in the hallway to show the rest of the school?

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 14, 2009

I definitely have a list from college, but I need to find it. Maybe there is a copy online, though- you never know. A few I recommend, though, are making a brochure, podcasting, writing a script, performing that script and recording it, writing an advertisement, and writing a song.

5. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 14, 2009

Jas, if you find it, can you add it here?

6. SweetHomeAlabam

SweetHomeAlabam Companion

Jul 14, 2009

For a clinical I taught, we did a class book and I laminated the pages, 3 ring hole punched and used small o rings to make a book. The teacher loved it b/c the kids went on and on about it so she made a section in their class library for the class publishers!
    so cute.

7. Bloom

Bloom Companion

Jul 14, 2009

I would create a classroom website. There are a number of sites out there that are VERY easy to use and VERY inexpensive. I have created two of my own...one through Vista Prints ($5 a month) and one through Homestead ($10 a month)....I have used one for my interview process....the website highlights my accomplishments, work samples, etc. The other was for a business I have with my husband. Both are very easy to use and would be a great way to highlight your students achievements.