Does anyone else feel as if their brain will explode if they have to fill out one

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Rainbowbird, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jun 11, 2011

more application or write one more cover letter?

I have to take a break this weekend. My brain is so full of this stuff I am beginning to dream about it!

Thankfully, about half the districts around here use Applitrack so I can import most of my data, but then some of the questions change so it all has to be checked and some have to be re-written.

The other half are requesting regular paper applications and resumes with self-statements, etc, some of which have their own particular questions and points to address.

I seriously think teaching was easier than hunting for a job!

The good news is---some openings are finally materializing around here. I have applied for two new ones in the past two days. So at least there is SOMETHING to apply for!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 11, 2011

Your brain WILL NOT explode...you need to keep at it! You never know, that next application may just reap you a job!:cool:

4. lowes48

lowes48 Companion

Jun 11, 2011

I know Rainbowbird. I have my cover letter, resume, and license saved in my documents so that makes it a little easier. I go to sleep rehearsing answering questions, I even find myself talking to myself in the shower. It is a little bit overwhelming :lol:

5. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Jun 12, 2011

I do feel like that all the time, but I know that the only way I'll ever get a position is if I keep at it. Even when I'm annoyed or frustrated with the whole process.

6. TeachGA

TeachGA Rookie

Jun 15, 2011

I feel the exact same way. I spend hours every day writing cover letters and sending out apps, it's all I ever think about! I like to think of it as my full-time job, even though I'm not getting paid :) I keep hoping that the next one will at least land me an interview... trying to stay optimistic, at least there's jobs to apply to!

7. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Jun 15, 2011

ugh I feel the same exact way, but I have to keep pushing....

8. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jun 16, 2011

I feel the same way! :(

9. Ptycast

Ptycast Rookie

Jun 18, 2011

I feel the same way. My fingers hurt because I have edited and re-edited my cover and resume to fit the description of the job.