Does anybody work at a daycare or preschool inside a house?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by New, Nov 3, 2013.

1. New

New Rookie

Nov 3, 2013

I have an interview for a preschool position and looked up the school finding nothing about it. So I went on google maps and looked up the address and it seems that it is inside a house? Anybody work inside a house?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 3, 2013

Can't imagine it's going to pay well. I'd be wary.

4. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Nov 3, 2013

There are a few daycares here that are inside of houses in residential neighborhoods. I would look for positions in a school or a standalone center instead.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 3, 2013

I have seen several day cares in homes. I had one. Some of them are like mine. I had the daylight basement just for the day care. My center was about 1200 sq ft of space. My program was set up just like any other professional center. I could pay well, because I did not have any overhead.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 4, 2013

When I returned to work, I looked at a number of licensed daycare options. One or two were in houses. Personally, I didn't love that option, but they're a wonderful choice for lots of parents-- a good friend had her sons in Miss Debbie's Daycare for several years and raved about it.

Like so many other things, it's very hard to generalize. Go to the interview and ask the questions. Don't discount the opportunity without knowing anything but an address.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 4, 2013

It's hard to know from an address and a location from Google maps. A couple of the most highly respected preschools in my town are located in renovated houses in areas that are zoned for both residential and small businesses.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 4, 2013

Our town's biggest daycare/preschool in an area zoned for both residential and businesses. The house is in the front and the daycare is in a large building behind the house. One day I saw about 10 kids coming off the school bus and was thinking how are they all going to fit in that small house but then I noticed the large structure in the back yard that I figured out was the actual school!

Whatever it may be, just check it out and good luck on your interview!

9. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Nov 4, 2013

I had one, and I paid my staff more than the big box centers did at the time. I would be careful of quality and make sure the owners philosophy matches your own...but other than that....they can be quite professional.

10. asha

asha Rookie

Nov 6, 2013

I would not judge book by its cover. I run one of those daycare s at home and I find it that it is much more fun, smaller class, and even though you maybe teaching like in a big center, you part of a family. Good luck on the interview.