does any one use debbie diller's workstations

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by krissy83, Oct 13, 2008.

1. krissy83

krissy83 Rookie

Oct 13, 2008

Hi,

I am in the process of transitioning my kids into rotating to centers with their reading group of 5-6 to cutting it down to only 2 kids per center like Debbie Diller suggests. Does anyone else do this?

If so, do you have kids partnered up with someone at their guided reading level or do you have them matched up like a low with a high? If you have them paired up hetergeneously what does the partner do while the other one is in group? Also do you require the partners to constantly be working together or are they kind of just there to help eachother when needed?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

3. teach_each1

teach_each1 Comrade

Oct 13, 2008

I use (and love) Debbie Diller's workstations. I just took a conference on both her small group and workstations.

Workstations are paired stations (my choosing on pairs and what station they will go to). When we created the "I can" lists we talked about how the partners would work in that station. For example, in buddy reading they have to work together but in writing the buddy would be a resource.

My pairs are within their reading group so when I pull a group I don't have floaters.