Document Camera

Discussion in 'General Education' started by donziejo, Sep 5, 2011.

1. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 5, 2011

I've waited so long to say thank-you to the person that told me to ck out E-Bay for a used doc camera that I've forgotten who told me. So thank-you to whoever it was. I have been using e-bay a lot lately so thank-you, thank-you, thank-you. Does anyone else purchase items on ebay for class or home? I was afraid of it before and now I'm addicted::eek:

3. crunchytxmama

crunchytxmama Companion

Sep 5, 2011

I also just got a document camera and I LOVE it. It was sitting in another teacher's room, unused for the last two years! I use it 3-4 times a day. I love it for my modeled writing, teaching handwriting, teaching Accuracy lessons for CAFE, etc.

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Sep 5, 2011

I'm now checking out document cameras on ebay thanks to this post! I want one so badly and never thought to check out ebay.

5. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Sep 5, 2011

The prices really seem to be coming down on document cameras. You can get new ones for less than $100, if you are willing to go beyond the big brands like Elmo. (No diss to Elmo...had one and loved it!) I also used mine every day in at least one subject.

6. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 5, 2011

I love the doc camera for modeled writing too. Last year some of the students would "own the camera" and model. I heard that phrase in a training class as a way to draw out students. Hopefully, once everyone gets comfortable, I will have students want to do it again. I'm using it for fractions too.

7. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 5, 2011

Smurfette, where did you see one for that price?? That's exciting:)

8. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Sep 5, 2011

:yeahthat:

9. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2011

I got one for $50! IPEVO. It's tiny but does the trick.

10. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Sep 5, 2011

That's what I was talking about. My P saw them at another school last year and liked them, so we are getting them this year (haven't arrived yet). I actually got to use one at the ISTE conference in Philly, and they are just fine as far as doc cams go. Are they durable? I don't know yet, but I am excited to try them out. If you are on a budget, why not?

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2011

That's what I have, although mine was a little more than $50 (it was less than $100, though).

12. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Sep 6, 2011

Just curious...how long have you had it, and do you like it?

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 6, 2011

I have a lumens. http://www.myladibug.com/productDetails.php?m=dmrk1ugw50 Mine isn't the ladibug, it's the one that came out before it. The main difference is mine doesn't have the pictures on the keys. lol I can deal with that! I love my lumens. It is so tough and you can adjust it to anything. I twist and turn it in all sorts of directions. I don't know the price, because the school bought them, but I think they are a little pricey. I've had mine for 3 years and it's still going strong.

14. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Sep 6, 2011

I'm very tempted to buy one at that price. My district keeps saying we'll get more eventually, but man, at some point I have to pull the trigger.