Doceri, Chromecast, Splashtop, oh my!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Rabbitt, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2014

Recently I downloaded the trial for Doceri. I like it, a lot, but it doesn't do everything I want.

I want to be able to use apps on I-pad and display them onto my Smartboard. Will Chromecast do this, and if so, relatively painlessly? I'm thinking I want to create I-pad mini lessons on Educreations, and then play them onto the smartboard while I circulate and help students. Sort of cloning myself. :D Maybe there is a better way?

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Apr 24, 2014

I believe there is an app called Reflector that allows you to display what is on your IPAD on your SMARTBOARD. I believe it is somewhere around $15 and a bit less if ordering in bulk.

4. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2014

YA...I think that may be what I am looking for. Right now I show kids an app and they're all trying to squeeze in to see it on the I-pad. Hopefully reflector will resolve this issue too. :thanks:

5. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Apr 24, 2014

Chromecast can only mirror webpages from the Chrome Browser - it won't do anything with an Ipad app.

AppleTV, however, to my knowledge, can mirror an Ipad using Airplay. I'm an Android/Google user though so I'm just going on what I've been told by Apple Fans who tell me my Chromecast is garbage.

6. bros

bros Phenom

Apr 24, 2014

Chromecast is actually pretty good - but not for the purposes that the TC wants.

Try out splashtop - maybe install it on your home desktop computer and have your iPad connect to your home wifi, see how it works.

http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/03/3-ways-to-display-ipad-screen-on.html

I would suggest using an the solution of an app, so you aren't tethered to anything.