Do You & Your SO Like the Same Foods?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 14, 2014

My SO is over at my place a lot. Many times, we either don't feel like eating or dislike the same meals/foods, so we just cook our own meals in the kitchen. Do you & your SO do this often? (Don't get me wrong, we eat many of the same foods as well too.)

3. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Sep 14, 2014

We both like the same foods, in fact there aren't too many foods we don't like period. We will usually order the same thing at restaurants, but if we don't order the same thing, we share off each others plates.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 14, 2014

Many times! I don't eat red meat or pork, so if he wants meat, he cooks it for himself. I'll have a veggie burger or mushroom or something instead. Right now we are both doing NutriSystem for another month (I've lost 16 pounds so far) so we never eat the same thing. After we finish this month, we will start cooking.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Sep 14, 2014

Hehe. I tell him and my family often that I'm not a short order cook. There's one thing on the menu and if you don't like it, there's bread and jelly in the cupboard.

Having said that, I don't make things he doesn't like. Unless I'm mad at him. Only half kidding.

6. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2014

It is not that we don't eat the same things, it is that I would eat a lot differently if I was alone. He won't eat breakfast things for dinner which I love. I would eat a lot more vegetables and whole grains and a lot less meat.

7. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2014

Basically we like the same foods. I do like more chicken recipes than he does. Sometimes it boils down to how things are cooked is what we disagree on. My husband is on the go constantly. His job requires him to be very active. So with that being said he has no body fat whatsoever. So he thinks In order to gain weight everything he eats needs to be swimming in grease. We "argue" about this when ever he cooks., which so I don't die of heart disease isn't very often. Lol.

8. bora

bora Rookie

Sep 14, 2014

I eat everything, my hubby the same. We eat the same food home, but still we never order the same food when we eat out.

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 14, 2014

My EX and I like very few of the same foods. We cooked together a lot, but cooked different things.

I'm not sure my BF eats. I've seen him eat very few times in the four months we've known each other.

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Sep 15, 2014

We eat pretty much the same foods. Neither of us is super picky.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 15, 2014

We like most of the same foods. The only thing that he loves and I won't eat is seafood. I really can't even stand for it to be on the table while I'm eating so I don't like cooking it for him even if I cook something else for myself. The smell just makes me nauseous.

12. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2014

Hmm, sometimes. When it comes to slimy soybeans or bee larvae, however, those are not really to my taste....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 15, 2014

The bummer for me is, my BF doesn't like my 2 favorites, Chinese food & pizza! :mad: Well, he'll eat pizza, but could take it or leave it.

14. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 15, 2014

My SO is picky as heck. I'll eat pretty much anything. It works out because he cooks dinner mostly since that is the case. But sometimes I want things that he doesn't want to touch. He hates anything with bones in them, anything that even looks like it originally came from an animal, and most exotic foods. So our dinners can get pretty boring in my opinion (almost always boneless chicken breast with pasta or something).

15. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Sep 15, 2014

Nope lol. I love junk and he's more of a ~pretentious eater (certain cut of steak, he's a beer snob etc). I cook dinner so often times I end up making two different meals.

Ah, the things I do for love :wub::D

16. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2014

I cook, so whatever I make is dinner. There aren't too many foods we don't like, and we compromise on the few we don't agree on (he'll eat asparagus if I make it; I make pinto beans when he requests them; cauliflower is a criminal offense).

I do, however, make up stuffed peppers or sausage and peppers or Swiss Bliss and freeze them for him to pull out for lunch. I'm allergic to bell peppers, and he loves them.

17. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 5, 2014

We like some of the same foods. Others we disagree on. We are both fans of steak, especially grilled. We both like sea food, but he is not a huge fan of fish. One of our favorite restaurants is Kobe Steakhouse. He likes spicier foods than I do. He doesn't care for fried eggs, but I love them. Neither of us are fans of brussle sprouts or spinach.

18. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 5, 2014

My hubs likes ribs, seafood, and pork rinds. I don't.

I like cherries, oranges, and spinach. He doesn't.

Other than that, we are fairly similar.

19. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 5, 2014

We're similar. He probably likes more things than I do, but I do the cooking and he gladly eats everything I make. The only time I really notice our different tastes is when we're at a Chinese lunch buffet and the stuff he takes is quite different from what I take.

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 5, 2014

I'm a vegetarian. Most of the time dh eats what I'm eating but might add a little chicken. I generally don't cook...dh does most of the meals.:love:

21. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 5, 2014

I'm a pescatarian, he's recently begun eating meat again. He's also on a diet to lost weight whereas I'm hitting the gym strength training and trying to gain weight. Otherwise, we do like the same foods. We love to eat curry, especially.

22. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 5, 2014

Hmmmm, nom, natto!!! I love natto with warm rice for breakfast. :)

23. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Oct 6, 2014

We eat very little meat. I hesitate to say we're true vegetarians, but I try not to use meat when cooking.

Anyway, he eats whatever I make for dinner. He's pretty easy to please.

24. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Oct 6, 2014

My husband doesn't cook, so he eats whatever I make. He is generally not picky!

25. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 6, 2014

I think if one person is not willing to cook at all then he/she shouldn't be too picky about what their SO cooks!!! :p

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 6, 2014

Right, otherwise, they better learn to cook! :thumb:

27. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 6, 2014

Or get take out! :spitwater:

28. melnm

melnm Companion

Oct 6, 2014

My husband used to be really picky, but not so much anymore. I usually do the cooking and my family usually eats it. :)