Do You Want To Hear Something Funny?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by DressageLady, Aug 15, 2013.

1. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I am sitting in my car waiting to go in for a paraprofessional interview. I get a beep tone on my cell phone telling me I have an incoming e-mail.

I open it up and it is from a principal with a paraprofessional opening, telling me that my "request to transfer" has not been approved and I will not be considered for the position.

I never apied for that opening! And I am not an internal applicant anyway, so I wouldn't have applied through the internal transfer if I had applied. Which I didn't.

The funny part? I am even getting turned down for jobs I don't apply for!!!! I find that hilarious, and have been sitting here laughing like a maniac.
    Sheilah

3. panjteacher

panjteacher Rookie

Aug 15, 2013

Yesterday, I was called by a district. The secretary left a message giving me an appointment slot on Monday at 1030 for a job that was closed (got an email a month back telling me they did not choose my app as a candidate for the job and it was filled). I called back with new interest and told them I would not be in state that morning and that I would be available for Skype or phone interview if they were interested or I would be back the next morning.
    They called me twice to tell me they would ask the business manager of the district what they could do. They then called me back and said I was not being selected for an interview. Then another secretary called me back and said the business manager doesn't know what Skype is and that he doesn't like phone interviews and that they would take me off the list.
    I thanked them for their time.

4. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Aug 15, 2013

You know, after a certain point you just have to laugh and shrug it off.
    Sheilah