Do you volunteer?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Sep 2, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 2, 2009

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 2, 2009

Great article!

Yes, I used to more than I do now... Little League team mom, served as Booster Club VP, secretary, and worked in the concession stand every Monday, Thursday, and Friday night ball games for SIX years!! Girl Scout Leader, been a Sunday school teacher, vacation Bible school, church choir, served on the Committee on Committees...

Whew... I"m worn out now! :)

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 2, 2009

In Oregon, child care providers are registered with a state college, who determines their level. I volunteer to evaluate and level participants.

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2009

Wonderful read........:):):)

6. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 2, 2009

I bring my IL's dog to visit with residents who live in a senior living facility and the Alzheimer's unit every couple of weeks. He actually used to live there until a resident's son made up ridiculous stories about him and the corporate office made the office get rid of him. My ILs ended up taking him in.

The residents love seeing him and the attention-wh0re dog loves the extra attention and treats. All in all, a very good thing.

7. flyingmickey

flyingmickey Rookie

Sep 2, 2009

My daughter volunteers at the SPCA and since she's too young to go by herself I volunteer as well. She plays with the animals and I do laundry and wash dishes.

I also help run a concession stand at riding events during the spring and summer.

I hand out water at running races.

I manage my son's hockey team.

I quite like doing most of it but when we go the riding or running events we have to be up soooo early on my days off. That sucks.