Do you use the font Comic Sans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ku_alum, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 27, 2009

This is what I do as well.

2. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Oct 27, 2009

How wonderful. So are you saying it looks like the blueprint type writing?

My printing is nice too and gets compliments but not as nice as yours I'm sure. My best writing is my cursive if I don't rush.

3. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 27, 2009

My handwriting in terrible, but it has improved greatly over the past three years. Writing on the board for kids has helped alot, as has writing in a lesson plan book. But I still transfer mid word between print (denilian and traditional) and cursive (with my own modified letters)

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 27, 2009

I always double-spaced after periods. Now, I remember working in the days before computers. My husband and I had a marketing company and I had to type everything, including long contracts and proposals. Of course, I wanted it all perfect with no corrections at all. I also wanted it fancy, so I played around with layouts and spacing. I got pretty good at it, I must say.

5. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Oct 27, 2009

The only thing I can write in print is my name and it's barely legible. The only thing I use it for is signing receipts and the like.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 27, 2009

I'd be really interested in knowing what kinds of devices and techniques you use in order to be successful at school. Why don't you start a thread about it?

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 27, 2009

If you feel very strongly about it:

Ban Comic Sans

Some of the rationale:

"Like the tone of a spoken voice, the characteristics of a typeface convey meaning. The design of the typeface is, in itself, its voice. Often this voice speaks louder than the text itself. Thus when designing a "Do Not Enter" sign the use of a heavy-stroked, attention-commanding font such as Impact or Arial Black is appropriate. Typesetting such a message in Comic Sans would be ludicrous. Though this is sort of misuse is frequent, it is unjustified. Clearly, Comic Sans as a voice conveys silliness, childish naivete, irreverence, and is far too casual for such a purpose. It is analogous to showing up for a black tie event in a clown costume."

That last line makes me :lol:

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 27, 2009

ETA: Ooops! Should have been...

If you feel very strongly about it:

Ban Comic Sans

Some of the rationale:

"Like the tone of a spoken voice, the characteristics of a typeface convey meaning. The design of the typeface is, in itself, its voice. Often this voice speaks louder than the text itself. Thus when designing a "Do Not Enter" sign the use of a heavy-stroked, attention-commanding font such as Impact or Arial Black is appropriate. Typesetting such a message in Comic Sans would be ludicrous. Though this is sort of misuse is frequent, it is unjustified. Clearly, Comic Sans as a voice conveys silliness, childish naivete, irreverence, and is far too casual for such a purpose. It is analogous to showing up for a black tie event in a clown costume."

That last line makes me :lol:

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Oct 27, 2009

I have always been taught to put 2 spaces in after a period as well. One after a comma.

10. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Oct 27, 2009

WOW. I had no idea there was so much controversy behind Comic Sans! I use it sometimes.

11. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Oct 28, 2009

yep!