Do you use a lesson planning service online?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pisces_Fish, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 16, 2013

I use Word and it works just fine. The only thing I don't like is that the plans are only in one place, on my laptop. I know I could put them in Google Drive, but then if I edit it on one computer, I don't think the changes reflect on another computer; or do they? :dizzy: I think it would be nice to have them in a cloud somewhere, and it would be especially great if I could see my plans on my iPad.

The service must be free. Any suggestions?

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2013

Google Drive is in a cloud. No matter where you are, if you make changes in Google Drive, the changes will have been. That´s the great thing about it. You can access it, with changes, from any computer. Ipad does have an application for Google Drive as well.

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 16, 2013

Yes, the changes reflect.

5. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 16, 2013

As the others said, the changes should reflect because it is in the cloud (such a buzzword, lol!).

Also if you are using Google Drive anyway, might I suggest using Google Forms? You can set it so you just have fields to fill out for your lesson plans and it stores them all in the same spreadsheet. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of printing options, but I fixed that with some fancy coding on my part. You may just want to stick with Docs/Word.

6. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 16, 2013

Wow, I started using Google docs weeks ago and I had no idea changes take effect. It never even occurred to me. If I made changes on one computer I would delete the old doc and re-upload. Silly me :)

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2013

Oh my! Well, no need to do that anymore now that you know. Google Drive is the best. I took a small workshop on it last school year and have been using it ever since. :)