Do you think this would be overkill?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mldouglas, May 26, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

May 26, 2008

I have a mini portfolio put together that I plan on leaving with principals after an interview (if I ever get another one!!). But I recently had the chance to do a five week assignment for which I was responsible for doing most all of the lesson planning so I was just thinking about doing a separate folder/report cover for the things I have done recently. Do you think that would be overkill for an interview? I don't really want to pull the other two lessons because I think those are two really great lessons for a regular classroom setting, which is where my license is? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mldouglas

3. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 26, 2008

I probably would save something like that for a second interview. I would definitely tell them that you did it though, since you really did a great job on them. I would also explain to them that you took over the assignment with no lesson plans whatsoever (that is if you are talking about the motorcycle accident LTS)

I am interested to hear what other people think.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 26, 2008

I think that having a second packet would probably be too much. Is there any way that you can add another lesson into your mini-portfolio or maybe make some sort of overview sheet of what you did for your long-term assignment?

5. jw13

jw13 Groupie

May 26, 2008

Do you have a general portfolio that you could include your lessons? If not, I would imagine you could just take these as your copy only, to be referred to when relevant in an interview. I wouldn't make a copy for all the interviewers. I think that would be overkill :).

6. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

May 26, 2008

Umm, I wouldn't do anything more then a regular portfolio. I might do an electronic one to leave behind, but anything else, in my opinion, is overkill. Superintendents and Directors have told me that large portfolios are intimidating, and they don't want to look through them - they don't have time.

Your portfolio is FOR you to pull up EVIDENCE to support the answers you give to the questions they ask.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 27, 2008

I agree that an extra portfolio would probably be too much. I would include them in your regular portfolio to be referenced to during an interview.