Do you think I can wake up tomorrow and it will be June again?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by INteacher, Aug 16, 2009.

1. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Aug 16, 2009

What do you think the likelihood is of me waking up tomorrow and it is June 1st again????

School starts tomorrow and I really feel like I didn't have a summer at all. My youngest daughter was in and out of the hospital 5 different times and my oldest daughter has created enough chaos this summer to last a lifetime!! UUUGGGGHHHH where did my summer go??

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

A co-worker and I decided today that they should have our in-service time so we can get all prepared, then give us another week of vacation-stagger it so we could have a week of enjoying ourselves. Hope your daughter is doing better. I was up at our campus every week for meetings, etc. I felt like I never left!

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 16, 2009

I start tomorrow too and I haven't even completed my lesson plans yet. I have had 6 weeks of summer holidays and it just wasn't long enough. My school moved to a new school and student desks hadn't arrived yet, so we had to borrow desks and teacher file cabinets and desks haven't arrived and they aren't expected until September, so I still have 4 boxes left to unpack. Construction is still continuing in our rooms until Wednesday, so everything will most likely be covered in dust again. I am also missing one of the doors in my classroom. Oh, and my last principal forgot to put painting in the budget, so we are left with peeling paint in our classrooms that must be over 10 years old...

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 16, 2009

I feel the same way. I'm single w/o children & ANY kind of vacation (summer, Christmas, etc.) always zips by too fast for me! My district started on the 10th of Aug, but I'm back to being a sub, since I've returned back to school, so I haven't started working again just yet. I assume I may start up again on the 24th.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2009

Could we make it June 30th instead of June 1st? I really don't want to have to teach all through June again! :D

I agree, the summer has been too short--but I do still have 3 more weeks!

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 16, 2009

The answer-
    No. :(

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2009

Darn. Because I would be all for that. It seems like just yesterday it was June. I feel like I hardly did anything OR got anything done (two very different things:)) I'm just not (mentally) ready to go back tomorrow...

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2009

Wow- INteacher- hope your little one is on the road to health, and your older one- this too shall pass! (I promise!!) Sorry, summer IS dwindling...find some time in these last few hours to relax- make yourself a home-made facial, do your nails and put something ridiculous on TV that you can watch and enjoy with your kids-hang in there- Labor Day weekend is coming!!:D

10. ILovetoTeach

ILovetoTeach Rookie

Aug 16, 2009

Think of it this way...only 10 more months to go! LOL:cool:

11. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Aug 16, 2009

I've looked though the school year and reminded myself that there is at least one day off every month in our district...thank goodness!

12. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2009

Summers off and most major holidays and still we want more! LOL
    I feel the same way...summer flew by and I have done nix! I haven't even read my read-aloud book yet! I was supposed to get that done back in late June. Sigh!

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

I feel like if everything keeps flying by this fast, my life will be over before I know it! I'm ready for it to slow down a little bit!

14. Ron6103

Ron6103 Habitué

Aug 16, 2009

Yeah.... I start tomorrow too. 6:30 AM is going to come awfully fast when that alarm clock goes off. Yikes.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 16, 2009

Good luck to all those whose 1st day is tomorrow & for those who started on the 10th, I hope you had a good 1st week! :D

16. 49erteacher

49erteacher Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

I'll take June, even though I taught summer school. It still means summer is close. ;) I can't believe tomorrow is the first day already. :confused:

17. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Aug 17, 2009

Okay - wishful thinking didn't work :(

But I had a great first day. We changed our schedule in a MAJOR way and lost class time which really threw me off. ALL my AP kids turned in their summer assignment and I can't remember when I had entire classes turn in their summer assignments. So all in all, a pretty good day.

18. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Aug 17, 2009

Thanks czacza, my youngest has one more procedure at the end of this month working towards curing her AVM (mass of artities and veins in her brain). I did have a really nice time out yesterday with family :)

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 17, 2009

Summer off? What's that? We have mandatory summer school so count yourselves lucky!

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2009

:lol: