Do you teach more frequently with animated videos or textbooks? Why?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Student123, Nov 4, 2020.

?

Do you teach more frequently with animated videos or text?

1. Animated Videos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Text

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

100.0%
  1. Student123

Student123 New Member

Nov 4, 2020

I am a student who is researching the ways in which animation affects education because I believe that if we find the best ways to educate children, the world can become an even better, smarter place. It would be extremely helpful if you could share your experiences with me. If you have a chance, please answer the questions below and/or participate in my poll. Because I am not a teacher, I will delete this account after I conduct my research, but because of COVID-19, I am struggling to get in contact with teachers to conduct my research. Thank you!

• Do you teach more frequently with animated videos or textbooks (or both)? Why?
    • Do you have any stories/experiences with using animated videos, games, science labs, etc that were valuable to you?
    • What grade level and subject do you teach?

3. Teacherteaherc

Teacherteaherc Rookie

Nov 6, 2020

Text

4. Teacher234

Teacher234 Cohort

Nov 6, 2020

A combination of videos (not necessarily animated), lecturing/note-taking, discussion, interactive activities, games, and book work.
    Projects and open-ended activities are my absolute favorite. I have steered away from formal tests and quizzes over the years.
    I also designed an interactive notebook for my 5th grade social studies class (when I taught that).

Student123 likes this.
  5. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Nov 6, 2020

Do you teach more frequently with animated videos or textbooks (or both)? Why?
    • I use a combination of videos, mentor texts (usually read alouds), and direct instruction. Videos are more common now that I'm teaching remotely, but I try to be very selective about the videos I use. I've passed on a lot of Khan Academy videos just because they don't actually explain what my students need to learn in a way that would be helpful. Plus... they're kinda boring. My district is huge on read alouds, so we have picture books and mentor texts for just about everything.
    Do you have any stories/experiences with using animated videos, games, science labs, etc that were valuable to you?
    • My co-teacher the last two years got me into using youtube videos more often, and I've been using Quizizz a lot this year. Both are (usually) engaging for students. My students are constantly asking if we can do a Quizizz.
    What grade level and subject do you teach?
    • I teach 3rd grade.

Student123 likes this.
  6. Student123

Student123 New Member

Nov 7, 2020

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it!

7. Student123

Student123 New Member

Nov 7, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, it is very helpful for my project!