Do you prefer dressing up and feeling professional or dressing down and feeling comf

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 24, 2010

For me, it all depends on what I'm in the mood to wear & the day has nothing to do w/ it, although I do dress more casually on Fridays. I could wear jeans all 5 days a wk if I wanted to. The type of clothing I wear the least are dresses, but I bought a few lately.

2. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Aug 25, 2010

I absolutely love the pictures! They are great!

3. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2010

I dress up from the ankles up, and wear tennis shoes! :)

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2010

There's one more, Peach. How about those rare teachers who wear the clothes adorned with apples and rulers and A B C and 1 2 3. I have a friend whose mother buys them for her all the time. I know I'll offend someone if I tell you my opinion of them, so I won't say a word.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2010

I actually did draw one of those, but I was afraid that I may overstep the line!!! :lol:

6. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Aug 26, 2010

Unfortunately I have no say in my work attire as I have to wear a mandated uniform to work. In fact if I happen to run an errand after work, I get dropped jaws when I explain I am an elementary school teacher and not someone who works in a government office.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2010

I'll be honest...when I turn forty I may wear a cardigan or two with school-themed button covers. I think they're cute! Seriously! :whistle:

8. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2010

I threw away every pair of heels and stockings when I stopped selling real estate. I only wear skirts on the days that we have mass unless it is real cold (maybe 2 days a year). Most days I wear khakis and a polo with cute sandals. I would quit teaching if I had to dress up to do it. We can wear jeans pretty much anytime we want except on a mass day. Our coaches teach in shorts which is pretty much the norm for south Louisiana (at least the schools that I have taught in). My principals wear polo shirts and khaki pants most of the time.

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2010

UGH! I tried to dress up all cute and pretty like on Thursday. Of course, I had to wear nice high heel shoes. My feet were so sore and torn up and blistery at the end of the day.... I just don't know how woman can wore those types of shoes!!! I think I'll stick with my flats for now on...

On that note, I finally got my comic strip about different types teacher dress looks up on the web. Same thing that I posted here, except I added a few more comments.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 4, 2010

For our first day of school on Tuesday, we all wear our polyester staff polo shirts with either black or khaki bottoms. Although it's chilly here today (thank goodness!), if the heat and humidity we had all this past week return, we won't be a pretty sight (or smell) by the end of the day!

11. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2010

:lol: I hope not!

12. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Sep 4, 2010

I'm a skirt girl. I work for a business casual place by their definition which is more like super casual in reality. My nod to the heat and the casual aspect is that I only wear stockings in the dead of winter. (Which lasts about 3-5 weeks here in my part of the Sunshine State).
    I am very comfy. I will say that there are days when I wear a lands end kind of skirt that has the softest material, almost like pjs or a t shirt, and the softest waistband. That is my concession to my I need to be more comfortable days.

13. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Sep 5, 2010

I dress up more than down. But, in a Kindergarten classroom, an element of comfort is required. I wear khakis and dress slacks a lot. Always with nice, professional tops. I like skirts and dresses. I wear them as often as I can, but like I said it is more difficult with the little ones.

14. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2010

I dress down. I have different colored jeans for each day and I look for really colorful shirts to mix and match. I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt or dress. Don't even have any in my closet. I have some problems with my feet and have to wear sneakers to accommodate the pain, so I look for colorful items in that category, also.