Do you love it?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by halpey1, Aug 22, 2010.

1. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 22, 2010

3. tgim

tgim Habitué

Aug 22, 2010

I LOVE my job, too! I have taught K-4, and I enjoyed each grade for different reasons: K - being their first teacher and helping them all learn to read; 1 - helping them to grow as readers and learners; 2 - cementing their foundation as learners by making sure they they had a positive school experience and felt successful as learners...
    However, I am loving being back in 3rd grade. The students still love school, love their teacher, and want to do well and please adults in their life; students love getting more in depth in various subject areas, are excited to learn cursive and multiplication....etc.

The things I love are: being loved no matter what, feeling like a celebrity when I run into students at the store, students who can sit in their seats/tie their shoes/hold their pencil/etc., working with students who have a developed sense of self as well as a sense of humor...I could go on and on, and interestingly many of Mr. Halpey's items would also find their way onto my list! 3rd grade ROCKS, too!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2010

I teach/co-ordinate Special Education in my school 2/3 of my day and teach grade 7 and 8 English the other 1/3. I love what I do; it's the perfect mix for me. Neither one of my responsibilities are things I could have imagined myself doing, much less loving, even 6 or 7 years ago.

With my grade 7 and 8 students I love: being like "mom-at-school", laughing with them every day (even at myself), getting a glimpse of the young adults they will become, reading incredible writing, having them come to me for advice, becoming a better person (stole this one from you, halpey1!) through spending time with them, reading the same books that they do and talking about them, forming relationships that will last, and so much more.

5. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Aug 22, 2010

I miss third grade. :( Or maybe I just miss my particular kids. I can't tell! It's only the third week of school, so I'm going to give second grade a fair shake. I do like that these little ones think I'm SO funny. They seem much easier to please. Third graders were sometimes too cool. ;)

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2010

I've taught K, 1, 2 and 3. I've loved each for different reasons.

K: the projects are so darn cute

1st: The growth in 1st grade is magical

2nd: You get to fine tune those magical 1st grade skills.

3rd: The are quick-witted, love to get into the content and can do so much on their own, but they are still "kids"

7. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Aug 22, 2010

I teach K-2. I love it. The best parts?

1. Seeing the K students grow up that summer between K and 1st grade.
    2. How loving they can all be.
    3. Their little sense of humor.
    4. Showing them that each day is a new day, and we start over with a clean slate. (Important in the ED room.)

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2010

This is important in every room with every student.

9. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Aug 22, 2010

True! :thumb: