do you look forward to friday night?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bonneb, Nov 13, 2009.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Nov 13, 2009

If so, what do you look forward to on Friday night?

I have been working on university courses so long that I have forgotten what Friday night is . . . seriously, I get mixed up on what day it is because everyday is the same. Get up early, work, come home, go to bed.

But what do y'all look forward to on Friday night?

3. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Nov 13, 2009

Yes. I look forward to Friday Night Football on TSN most of the time, but the CFL season is almost done, so tonight they are showing curling, of which I am not a fan.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Nov 13, 2009

I just look forward to Friday after 3PM... LOL

5. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Nov 13, 2009

YES! I look forward to Friday night. Even though nothing big will likely happen in my predictable (pleasantly predictable) life, I like the change of pace. I also look forward to the change of seasons for the same reason. Nothing much, but different temperatures and clothes, but I like it!

6. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Nov 13, 2009

I do look forward to it, but I like to stay home.

7. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 13, 2009

For me....... every night is Friday night..... and the next day is Mardi Gras........:)

8. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 13, 2009

That means "MONK" is on and I love that show. :) As others have said, it's also FRIDAY night, and it's nice to just get to the end of a week of hard work.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 14, 2009

This school year, my schedule's been pretty free, but starting Dec, I'll be a lot busier & when 2:30 comes around, I'll be free for the week! Nothing different really changes, but it's a nice feeling to have the work week over. I'm a night owl, but I especially am on Fridays & Sats.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 14, 2009

Criminal Minds on A and E, a glass of wine, a take-out dinner, in bed with my book by 9:00pm--not very exciting, but I love Friday nights.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 14, 2009

I agree! I get to relax and not have to think about the next day. I take my time with dinner then relax with hubby and watch tv. Sometimes I hop into the jacuzzi! Last night we watched tv and I made pumpkin bread. Then, I went to bed and read for a little while. The best part is I don't have to set my alarm clock on Friday nights :)

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 14, 2009

I look forward to UNsetting the alarm and sleeping till 6 or so on Saturday morning.

NOT looking into the kids' backpacks the moment I get home, knowing it can wait till Saturday.

Saying "What do you want to do tomorrow?" to Peter.

13. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Nov 14, 2009

I'm usually in bed before 10 pm on a Friday night...

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 14, 2009

Hubby usually brings home take out. Just time to relax & be with family. I think I look forward more to Saturday & Sunday because we have (at least the past couple weeks) been able to be outside enjoying the nice November weather...almost all day!!!

15. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Nov 14, 2009

So far... I do.

But I swear, I just go home and sleep.

and...I miss my (school) kids. I spend quite a bit of time thinking about what I will do with my tier 3 intervention boys.

16. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Nov 14, 2009

Papa Murphy's Delight, m-n-m's, and game night

Last night was UNO Attack!
    Boys fell asleep on the floor in sleeping bags.

Life is good!

17. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2009

Like TeacherNY said, it's nice to come home and not have to think about what needs to get done for the next day.

Usually my Friday night means curling up with a blanket and a good book, and then going to bed early or falling asleep on the couch.

18. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Nov 17, 2009

i look forward to coming home, taking a shower and kicking back and relaxing alone for a few hours. then, when my boyfriend leaves work (he's HS, so he gets off at 4:45 and gets home around 6. I get off @ 2:45 and am home by 3:10) I pack an overnight bag and head to his house.

we stay up until about 10 p.m. cooking dinner, laughing, talking about our week, giving each other massages and watching t.v. then, we go to sleep.

the next morning is GREAT because when we wake up, it's saturday so we can take our time being lazy in bed. then, he usually fixes breakfast and around Noon we part ways (he goes bowling w/his estranged father, i run errands or go out with mom or girlfriends)

19. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 17, 2009

Friday nights mean I get to sleep in the next morning with NO driving. I usually fall asleep on the couch, but it's fabulous to THINK I could stay up as late as I want.

Our weeknights consist of getting home around 7:30, rushing to eat dinner and get any work in that we have to do, falling into bed, and getting up the next morning to start over. Fridays are such a breath of fresh air.

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 17, 2009

Hmmm. Leave the house by 7:30 everyday. Home most nights between 7-8. (2-3 hours of tutoring M-Th on top of teaching 20 energetic curious 2nd graders all day). I'm exhausted on Fridays- If I sit down however, I'm out...the best is to keep on moving for me...a wine at happy hour with my colleagues, meet dh for dinner (no cooking on Friday is my rule), home for a little tele and then off to bed.
    Weekends- no school, no tutoring. Just family time, which I relish. Usually a run to the farm with dh for salad lunch, groceries with my mum, football games on TV. A fire in the fireplace, home 'nesting' kinds of things. Good books, a cup of tea. Candles and pillows. More wine. Maybe a trip to the city. Or rent a movie and stay home.

21. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Nov 17, 2009

Yes I do. Every Friday my husband plays in his co-ed softball league, and I love watching him play. :) Afterward we'll normally go out for pizza or go over to his mom's to visit...it's fun. His little brother just turned 18, so he's now allowed to play on the team. It's nice they have something like that to do together.

22. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 17, 2009

My Friday nights consist of a hot shower, my jammies, and vegging out in front of the TV. I'm usually out by 10PM. Last week I went to Riverdance with a friend and had to fight to stay awake through the second half.

23. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Nov 17, 2009

I live for Friday night...Date Night! We have a group of 8 (four couples) that get together every Friday (or any of us who are available). We play games, sometimes watch baseball, and just hang out. Sometimes we even go away for the weekend (up north for ice fishing and snowmobiling in Winter). All four of the women in the group are teachers, so we all understand each other...and we all look forward to relaxing and being a little silly and, I'll admit, dirty, on Friday nights. It's a great stress relief...we laugh a lot!!!

24. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2009

I particularly like changing the alarm setting. I do it with a little flair, like "Ta dah!"

25. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 17, 2009

I don't have to think about the alarm (which means I don't get the pleasure of flipping the switch.) My alarm clock has two alarm settings, so one is set for weekdays and the other for weekends.

26. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Nov 18, 2009

We are allowed to leave school about 10 minutes early on Fridays, I don't cook on Fridays (either fast food or soup and sandwiches), no alarms, we go out for breakfast and garage sale Saturday mornings, I can stay up LATE if I want, but usually don't make it, and I watch Law and Order. What a wonderful life.

27. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2009

YES! I have found that I need the two days off a week! I need to recharge over the weekend so that I can come back on Monday morning and be ready to go full steam ahead.

I am usually beat on Fridays but will go out if a group of people are going out. Love to sleep in on Saturday morning-- usually till 7am ( I cant even believe that is sleeping in :haha:) then I go to the grocery store and Sundays are lesson plan days!

28. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 18, 2009

scooter~your weekends sound great and so much fun!!!

I always look forward to Fridays. It means I can leave school early, don't have to pick up dd from school (b/c dh does it), can stay up late if I want (normally doesn't happen!), and can sleep late Saturday mornings. We normally go out to eat breakfast on Saturdays. This Friday my sister and nephew are coming to spend the night and sister and I are going to see New Moon!!!!

29. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2009

I have friday nap time every friday after work. I come straight home, put on some comfy sweats and climb into bed. Wonderful. A lot of times we will go out to eat.

30. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Nov 18, 2009

I have learned that I am no good on Friday nights! I usually veg out and go to bed early. The week is just too long and I need to relax. I hate when people plan parties for Friday night because it's hard to force myself to go. Saturday nights however, I LOVE!

31. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 18, 2009

I loooooove Fridays! TGIF! I love that I CAN stay up late, but most often, I am in bed earlier on Fridays than any other night! I always sleep so good on Friday nights. Nothing to stress over, nothing to think about, just pure, blissful sleep...

32. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 19, 2009

My alarm clock has that feature but I'm too lazy to set it up LOL

33. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 19, 2009

I love Friday nights. I do absolutely nothing and that is blissful all in itself. Plus I know I get to sleep in the morning.

34. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Nov 19, 2009

I love FRIDAY nights , too!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE!!!!
    Sometimes I get together w my friends
    This Friday I´m staying home

35. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Nov 19, 2009

My son plays HS football. I look forward to the nights when I know he will get playtime. I love waiting up for him after the game and hearing the excitment in his voice. Friday night we will be in the second round of playoffs. I am hoping he gets some playtime.

36. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 19, 2009

I am looking forward to THIS Friday because it means the canned food drive/sculpture contest will be done, and I only have a two-day week next week. WooHoo!

37. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2009

When you are retired your week is 6 Saturdays and one Sunday

38. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 19, 2009

Yeah! BIG time!
    R1

39. MissEducation

MissEducation Companion

Nov 20, 2009

I just look forward to DOING NOTHING!!!

What a wonderful feeling. I work on schoolwork on Saturdays and Sundays but Friday evenings I go home and pretend like I have absolutely nothing to do.

40. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Nov 20, 2009

I am enjoying my current Friday night by lounging on the couch and watching tv. Generally Friday night is not that remarkable, but I try to make something easy for dinner. Lately we have started having frozen pizza which we never buy so it's a treat.