Do you know this David Shannon activity?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 20, 2012

I saw an activity on the internet and can't find it now. I just skimmed it, thinkingI was saving the site, and apparently I didn't. I am tired of looking for it...can anyone help?

It was a first day of school activity involving one of the "David" books. I am guessing it was David Goes to School. The teacher read the book and then the kids did some activities. I think they maybe created classroom rules, but there was also some kind of drawing and writing. I think they all drew a David character, and I don't know exactly what they wrote. It mentioned that the projects made a nice hallway display, and there was a small picture of a bunch of student made drawings of David.

Anyways, I was wanting to read exactly what this teacher did and find out more about the drawings. If you know where a link to this is, can you please let me know? I'm driving myself crazy trying to find it. Thanks so much.

3. janney

janney Cohort

4. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 21, 2012

Thanks, but unfortunately that is still not the one I need! The one I saw had the kids each drawing the David character. I am just not sure if there was a template of some sort. I just quickly glanced at the student work, and was amazed at how nice they looked! I think they might've written the one rule they think could have helped David the most, or something like that. I'll keep looking, but would love it if this rings a bell with someone!

5. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Aug 21, 2012

I tried searching on Pinterest and Google, but couldn't find anything that matched your description. You can always check your computer's history if you haven't cleared it yet.

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

7. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 21, 2012

Tasha,
    The second link you posted is it!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!!

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 21, 2012

You are welcome, I thought I probably had it in my pins LOL