Do you have stuff for sale on teacherspayteachers.com?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 26, 2012

I tried uploading a few things last year but ran into technical difficulties and gave up. I've been on TPT a lot lately. It really seems to have blossomed, and such a great concept! If you have stuff for sale, do you actually make money, or is it like a $5 check once every few months. I'm not in it for the money, I'm just curious if anyone has made "real" money on TPT.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 26, 2012

I've thought about it. I have a ton of material I made for Government as well as for a Social Studies OGT class I co-taught. The problem is my wariness dealing with PayPal.

4. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Aug 26, 2012

I do, but not very much. I have a few free items, and a few items that are listed for $1 that sell (classroom library book bin labels and a metacognition bookmark). I have made a total of $16 in the 2-3 years that I have had it up and running haha My goal is to create more activities for my students and to then list them.

5. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 26, 2012

I have several items listed. I usually make about $100 per quarter, so not a ton, but I think it's a good amount. They pay through paypal, so I always just keep that money in my paypal account and use it to buy stuff from ebay or amazon or somewhere--usually gifts for others.

6. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 27, 2012

I think the clutterfree classroom teacher just reached the $100,000 or $75,000 milestone recently.

7. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Aug 27, 2012

I have a few things and make between $50 - 100 a quarter. I haven't been putting much time into my materials there lately; perhaps when things settle down a bit and I get back into the swing of dividing my time between classroom and office I'll be able to get more posted. It's fun to get those e-mails about a product being sold!