Do You Have Multiples of the Same Clothes?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 19, 2010

Just out of curiosity, are there certain same articles of clothing you have more than 1 of? I'm talking even the SAME color.

I hv a couple of basics that I wear a lot of, but don't want to hv to do laundry every wk. I hv several pairs of dk blue jeans, but they're not the exact same brand.
    I hv 3 or 4 long-sleeved blk turtleneck tops & a few other blk tops that are similar. But I don't mk it a habit of buying multiples of the exact same clothes.

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 19, 2010

I found a pair of Old Navy dress pants that I loved a few years ago, and I went back and bought them in every color (black, brown, khaki, and sort of an olive). I still wear them, nearly every day. They just fit well, look nice, and are comfortable.

I think about going to get new pants, but everything I try on doesn't stand up to these, so I'm wearing them til they wear out!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2010

Are they the Perfect Khakis? I have them too, in every single color. :)

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 19, 2010

No, they are more like the Essential trousers, but I have never seen them again after that fall. I can't find them online either, darn it!

But I also love Perfect Khakis!

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2010

I found a pair of dress pants from Kohl's that fit really well, and pants are something I have a very hard time finding. So, I have them in black, brown, gray, and a couple of patterns. Like kcjo, I wear them almost every day in the winter...

7. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Oct 19, 2010

i have some courdrory pants from Ann Taylor that i love also, so I have them in every color! and am now wearing them every day :)

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 19, 2010

I was actually talking about even in the exact same color. I added that in the OP. :)

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 19, 2010

When I find pants that fit, I buy them in every color available...

10. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Oct 19, 2010

I have every color of cardigan sweater - 3 colors from Lands End that are identical and 6 or 8 from Talbots but those are mostly slightly different styles like the buttons are different and some are 3/4 sleeves. Whatever is on the clearance.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2010

I will buy a few pairs of jeans, camis, bras, undies...

Other than that, no. I will buy different colors of things but not the exact same thing.

12. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 19, 2010

Yes. I hate shopping so if I find something I like I will sometimes buy two of the exact same item. And with pants, certainly! All the time.

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 19, 2010

I do that sometimes.

Most of the time I do that with pants. I am really hard to fit in pants. I carry my weight in my waist, but I have narrow hips & thighs . . . which makes my waist bigger than my hips. Pants that fit me in the waist are baggy in the hip/thigh. I've also got really short legs. Pants that taper in at the knee look funny on me because they taper on my calves and leave me with baggy knees.

I own all colors of Lane Bryant "Right Fit" pants because they have a "no butt" fit that is perfect for me, and they come in petite cut. I also have all colors of the junior plus uniform pants from JC Penney and the Perfect Khakis from Old Navy.

The only time I "repeat" tops is for basic pieces like tanks or cardigans.

14. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Oct 19, 2010

I have some shirts that I have 5-6 of.

If I like something, I buy lots.

I almost always am wearing jeans and a long sleeve v-neck tee. That's pretty much my entire wardrobe.

15. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Oct 19, 2010

Sadly, yes. Sometimes I buy multiples because it is an insurance of sorts that I will be able to replace them when they wear out. Most especially solids in skirts, never tops and never prints.

16. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 19, 2010

I have multiple pairs of the same shoes... I love love love the Cobby Cuddlers from K-Mart, and keep replacing the same pairs of shoes... hey, if I like them, why switch?

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 20, 2010

When I was finally able to buy bras a year ago, I went out and got fitted (since I had no idea what size I was.) I told the saleslady what I was looking for, and she got me the perfect bra for my new shape.

I now own multiples of that, mostly in white.

But beyond that, I don't have multiples in the same color. Different colors, sure.

Then again "I don't want to do laundry every week" is not a phrase I've ever uttered. So my turn-around time on clothes is pretty quick. I could wear the same black t shirt twice in the same week if I wanted to without a problem.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 20, 2010

:lol:I agree; mine would have to be, "I don't want to do more than one load of laundry every day".

19. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Oct 20, 2010

You can get away with just one load a day? I'm jealous! With three boys, the laundry can get out of hand. I was without a dryer for 2 weeks. I even went to the laundry mat once in the middle of it and the laundry is still taking over the house right now...and the machines ran most of yesterday.

20. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 20, 2010

I only have one at home now, and we got new high efficiency machines just over a year ago so the loads can be much bigger--all that helps.

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 20, 2010

I like a lot of others... will do some the same, but different colors!!! If I really like how a shirt fits I'll see if it's in different colors or strips or something!!!

Pants the same thing!!! I hate trying on stuff!!!

22. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2010

I own many pairs of black pants, but none are identical. I have them in trouser cut, wide leg, capri, cotton, poly/stretch, denim, etc. Probably 5 pairs. I also have multiple pairs of tan-ish khaki pants, and many long-sleeved white T's that I can layer under things.

I only do laundry on the weekend. Usually it takes ALL weekend. I have a super-large capacity HE machine, and I usually do: 2 loads for each child (darks and lights), one load of whites for dh and I combined, 2 loads of darks for dh and I combined that can be dried, and one load of hanging clothes for us, plus two loads of sheets/towels. I wash, dry and throw in a basket, then spend Sunday evening indulging in trash TV (like Sister Wives, Desperate Housewives, etc) and folding, sorting, putting away it all.

This week, my middle daughter has swimming DAILY, which means a lot more washing and drying during the week....not used to that at all.

23. TampaTeacher2Be

TampaTeacher2Be Comrade

Oct 20, 2010

I own three identical pairs of black pants. Same brand, same size, everything.

24. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Oct 21, 2010

I have 3 black camis and it's not nearly enough! Usually though, if I can find a nice, work appropriate shirt that doesn't show any cleavage, I get as many colors as I possibly can. It's really hard for me to find shirts that don't require a cami.

Right now I have these shoes (http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=76933&pg=1019688), and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I am very tempted to get another pair or two so I won't have to worry about wearing them out.

25. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

I have four of the same black tank top from H&M, and two of the same style in white. I layer everything, and they are perfect under cardis, shrugs and button up shirts.

I never really thought about getting anything else in multiples. It makes sense, but most of what I get are at garage sales, thrift/vintage stores or clearance sales. So usually I'm lucky if I find just one!

26. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 14, 2010

I have tank tops that are the same just in different colors, a few from Old Navy and Ann Taylor.

27. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Nov 14, 2010

Pants I will definitely buy 2 in black and then one each of khaki, grey and brown if I can.

Shirts.....I am known for wearing mainly black so my sisters joke that I have been wearing the same sweater for the past 10 years. I swear, I haven't! I just like wearing black!

I don't care much about shopping and clothes because I find my shape hard to fit so when I find something I like I buy it in a lot of colors to make it quick and painless.

28. shakira

shakira New Member

Dec 6, 2010

hey....
    yes i have many multiples of same clothes...... once i bought 4 same black dress shirts.....