Do You Have Multi-personalities/ Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Jul 10, 2008.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2008

I just got off the phone with a former co-worker; she is married, young and with 2 young children. She is very upset because she is pregnant. well; I was the sympathetic, cheer-upper friend with her...yet, last night, I was with another friend on the friend and I was so...juvenile (this friend is single and my age, 47).

Are any of you like this????? :confused:

Sincerely,
    Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde
    :lol: :woot:

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 10, 2008

well the week before I get my BC shot (deprovera) I am quite moody!!

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 10, 2008

I'm sure my husband would say there are other times LOL

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 10, 2008

People are quite surprised about how "old" I am because I do act like a juvenile. I am always waiting to make a crack about something and I can usually find something funny to say in almost every situation. Teaching special ed., I have learned to tone it down in the classroom because my students can't calm down after I hype them up. I do have to warn my paras when I am overly tired because I tend to lack self-control in some situations:lol:.

6. peachieteachie

peachieteachie Comrade

Jul 10, 2008

Sometimes I think I have the Peter Pan Syndrome because sometimes I don't want to grow up! I guess that can be both fun and annoying.

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 10, 2008

Mmmmm-yes. When I was at space camp the other week, I totally reverted back to middle school. We were even buying Hannah Montana hair glitter to use. It was so much fun, and made me really miss having girl friends to do fun stuff with and have sleep overs and stuff. I think that really comes back to the fact that I need to make some friends, but if I did have friends, I would want to be silly with them. Which is why I think that I do not have any friends-people in this city are too serious.

That's why I like you guys.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2008

:rofl:

:hugs: awwwww

9. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 10, 2008

I have a friend who is always giving advice on makeup and suggested a make-over night with just the girls - it did sound fun!

I have 2 personalities but it's more like the one at work where everyone thinks I'm this sweet, quiet, innocent girl and then the opposite when I'm with people I know better - funny, loud, not so innocent. People at work would never believe I ever curse or was mean, but sometimes....:whistle:

10. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jul 11, 2008

At times I feel like I have two personalities. When waiting for a job I quickly get short tempered. I'm short tempered right now. I will play a game on my laptop to calm down, but my laptop died and is in BestBuys fixing place. I'm dreadfully without it for the next two to three weeks. I'm using my moms computer right now, but don't want to burden her harddrive (very large) with my games.

I'm in such a fowl mood that I just got into a car accident. Mostly my fault. I was partially blocked in by a delivery van and I wanted to get home. I saw an opening and thought I could navigate out. No luck. I heard a crunch. I smashed my right rear light cover (no lightbulb dammage). I was so upset. I called my dad and he came. He could fix it so we denied having the delivery workers supervisor come out. He was very kind. It turns out he knows my family. He delivers to our home. I didn't recognize him right away. But I still feel very cranky and overly angry right now!

I want to feel calm again! If I could stop the "worry-about-everything-me" than I could be calm.

11. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 11, 2008

:lol: Made me think of American Pie....."When I was at Band Camp...." :lol:

Sorry! It just cracked me up before I read any more.

12. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 11, 2008

Hmmmm ... I turn into the Seinfeld Soup Nazi when I'm in the kitchen.

I am intolerant of the phone ringing during lunch production ... I won't accept wholesale food deliveries between 11:30 AM and 1 PM because we're busy with lunch ... I nearly resigned at the end of last year because the building administration criticized my menu ... I will NOT refund a student's money if he/she doesn't like the taste of what we just sold this person ... and culinary arts students who don't do what I say when I say it get to scrub grease traps, trash cans, and pots and pans. The only proper response from a culinary arts student is "Yes chef" or a question to clarify the instructions.

[​IMG]
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2008

I am three people!

I am stuck in pre-k land. I sound like a 8 year old over the phone with my nasally Chicago accent. I am content in jeans, Nikes, and a t-shirt 365 days out of the year. I will laugh at silly jokes, and have no idea what you are talking about when you describe a drink. (yet I became a member of the rum and tums club! :lol:) The only drinks I know of come in a juice box. I get the kids meals because they are cheaper, and just enough for me. And I really don't like big meals, spicy food, or sitting on a bar stool hunched over to eat. I never had anything from Starbucks.

I am a early childhood professional and student at heart. I love to help people find information (which is why I LOVE this site!!) I also speak very clearly and properly to parents, supervisors, and people who try to ignore me when I know I am right. I get facts and figures and don't like to be mistreated. I will correct your speech, and writing!!! I like to network and meet other people. I can strike up a conversation with anybody!

I am somewhere between 19 and 49 and don't seem to remember. I have middle age spread, and color my gray, but I seem to hang out with people in their 20s & 30s. I can drive to the store, walk or catch a bus without hesitation. I refuse to chop of my hair and have the over 40 look, because I like my medium length hair!! :) I seldom wear make up or lipstick. I could wear gym shoes every day of the week. I fall out laughing over dirty jokes. I can make a home-cooked meal, but just as happy to do the drive thru for a week in straight. I love to relax and talk casually (make that ghetto :haha:), and spell informally, (hey, isn't that called texting?? :huh:) and let out a few curse words now and then. I have a somewhat clean house, but can tolerate my very messy friends - when I visit their houses, and cars. :unsure: I'd like to go out and meet guys, but I am not a bar kinda person. Don't really dance, but love music. Love the dating game, hate the break up. Safer to be alone. Less stress, easier on pocketbook (whoa=where'd that word come from!!!) and don't lose time on job from crying over break up or dodging stalkers.

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2008

wow, you sound like an episode from Hell's kitchen!!!

:lol:

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2008

I'm an extremely even-tempered person. I've never turned into a monster at that "time of the month" or any other time really. I'm not the type who you never know how I'll be each day. If something's going on in my personal life, no one (such as coworkers) would ever know because I don't show it, unless I want people to know. I've never bursted out in tears or anger for no reason. People never have to worry about staying clear of me because I'm in "one of those moods."

16. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2008

Me too! Drama Queen Teachers say I"m happy all the time and I'm not bothered by things. haha on them!

17. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 12, 2008

Chef Ramsey is an old style chef. I've worked with chefs like him. They curse, scream verbal abuse, and occasionally throw pots and pans.'

I'm not quite that bad. Although I do not curse or verbally abuse my students, I have extremely high expectations. I am after all not a home economics teacher. My job is to get kids ready to work in the restaurant industry. I can't do this by mollycoddling them. I also can't do this by pretending that my classroom is a democracy when it isn't.

There is one authority in the kitchen and that's the kitchen manager or chef. Our mission is food preparation, pure and simple. Hot food goes out hot. Cold food goes out cold. All food items are prepared according to restaurant standards that include following recipe specifications, portion control, and plating presentation. All meal items must be served within a timely basis. Since we operate a fast food restaurant with a daily changing plated special, anyone who steps up to our counter needs to be served within one minute.

My introductory class teaches new students basic culinary skills along with nutrition and sanitation. Advanced students learn to apply these skills under pressure. They have to work within a reasonable time frame while also observing all kitchen safety and sanitation policies. We do this by training students as line cooks in our student operated restaurant.

There is a lot of pressure in the real world restaurant kitchen. Line cooks HAVE to be able to step up to the plate when they have 20 or more tickets in the window. Customers will not wait an hour or more for a meal. Line cooks have got to be able to multi-task food preparation with frying, grilling, reheating, and hot holding while also maintaining a sanitary work environment.

18. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 12, 2008

My best friend from college only gets to come visit me once a year or so. When we are together at my house my husband stays FAR away. He says it's like having two teenagers in the house. We laugh at everything and gossip a lot. The day after she leaves I act totally different! I tell him to clean up after himself and he says that I aged 20 years in one day! :lol:

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

I have much love and respect for you and your work Chef Dave! I have been tempted to take a Food and Sanitation course by State of IL. to put another feather in my cap, and make me more marketable to the preschool field. Directors like it when teachers can jump in and do several jobs. Cooks call off, and the director must throw on a hair net and take over!

Besides getting another certificate, I am interested in food saftey and proper preparation. I had Health and Nuturition class, and it just amazes me how many people still use old habits, and dangerous food storage/cooking procedures. I talk till the cows come home because friends and family say they've been doing this or that for years, and it never bothers them. (i.e. leaving food out at room temperature for several hours, while people come and eat when they are ready) I hate to tell them that when it DOES bother them, they may not live to tell about! :unsure:

20. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

I am upset that my brother has turned into a college professor from hell. I don't know him anymore. He speaks using 10-letter words! He quizzes and questions everything you say. I feel like I am on a job interview when I talk to him! He sounds like some rocket scientist and the rest of the world is beneath him. I just want him to come off his high horse and act like a normal guy for once. You know laugh, joke, talk about the weather and our family for crying out loud! It seems to me that ever since he began pursuing his Ph.D, he is a whole difference person. :(

21. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 13, 2008

This thread title has been making me laugh. An old boyfriend of mine nicknamed me Jacklyn Hyde, and that moniker stuck for a decade. Heck, there are people that STILL think my real name is Jacklyn (it's Heather), and all because I was a little fickle about some relationship choices.

22. Chef Dave

Chef Dave Companion

Jul 13, 2008

Yes ... preschools and school cafeterias have chronic employee attendance problems. The wages are after all, about the lowest of any available in the food service industry. The cafeteria manager in our district has 13 staff members to prepare and serve food at four different schools ... and problems occur when 25% of her staff typically call off on Monday.

With regards to your job, yes, a food sanitation course would be useful. If you take a food sanitation course, check with your county health inspector to see whether or not you will also need a county food handler's card.

If you take a food sanitation course, chances are that you'll take a ServSafe examination. ServSafe is essentially the national standard for food sanitation.

If you pass the ServSafe exam with a 70% or higher, you;ll be issued a ServSafe certificate. Most county health departments will issue a food handler's card if you have this certificate.

23. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

Wow, thanks Chef D!!

24. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

My kid is a classic Dr Jekel/Ms. Hyde. She can't hide her happiness when she calls. Everything is great, life is wondeful, and she sounds like so much like she did when she was a little girl.

When she is mad, she is that little girl with little curls, you know, in the middle of her forehead, and when she is bad..she's horrid. Everything is my fault, cuts me off in middle of my words...never lets me finish a thought. Had me cross her name off my will and all my bank accounts more than a few times!! :rolleyes:

When she is sad, she is so miserable. I wish I could do more, but I know I can't. I know I need to step back, and let go. But it is hard. Trouble is, her problems are like a broken fingernail to me most of time, anyways. I can't imagine why she has not learned to do more, be more, and be stronger. I tell her I had twice as much and then some, and walked home in the rain many days..when I went through what she's dealing with. She makes more excuses, and says she doesn't want me to do anything to help. And hangs up.

Then, something turns her luck around...and she's back to being a happy little girl again. :hugs:

:| parenting is not a easy job...

sigh....I think it's worse after they are grown up...