Do you have favorites?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 1stGradeRocks, Aug 9, 2007.

1. 1stGradeRocks

1stGradeRocks Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

I know that we should avoid having favorites, but I'm human. I admit I have had favorites.

3. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Aug 9, 2007

There will always be those students who are just nice people, who make it easy to like them and be around them. Then there are those students who drive us nuts in every way possible. I think it's natural to enjoy being with the first student more, but it's important to not let that show, or to treat the two students any differently.

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 9, 2007

I have kids who I look back on now, and know they were favorites... at the time I probably didn't/don't think so.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2007

Yes, but for me...it's the ones who drive me nuts who end up being my favourites!

6. heartofateacher

heartofateacher Companion

Aug 9, 2007

I have a few favorites every year. Can't help it, but I'm fair. I never make a difference between the kids...well not any OBVIOUS ones... :)

7. JRR

JRR Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Oh gosh...that is soooooo hard!!! I know what you mean. I agree that the bad ones end up being my favorite...I don't know if it's that I had to spend so much time with them that I got to know them a little better or that it's just my way of surviving. heehee It's so easy to love those easy kids...I have a harder time with the really quiet, good kids. I sometimes realize that they haven't said a word and it's 10:00. I have to remember to call on them and get them involved. They just kind of come and go sometimes...I hate to say that, but you just didn't have to work so hard with them. does that make sense?

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 9, 2007

There are kids who discover early in life that their job (and sometimes their safety) is not to call attention to themselves...

9. patsfan82

patsfan82 Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

I agree! The ones who drive me crazy are the ones who become my "favorites"- but don't worry! None of the other students can tell, I am very fair and treat all of my little darlings the same!

10. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2007

Favorites? naw. Though my teacher aide DID have favorites until I pointed it out to her! :p

11. jaruby

jaruby Companion

Aug 9, 2007

I did, its natural and I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Just dont treat them any different and it will be all good.

12. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

I loved my class last year. Each one of them were soooo special to me. There were a few that got on my nerves throughout the year and they were the ones who I ended up missing the most. I can't help laughing when I think about it.:lol: