Do you have an American Express Card?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by born2teach84, Jul 4, 2007.

1. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 4, 2007

If you do then go to www.donorschoose.org and click the link at the top for the "members project" and complete the steps to vote for the teachers project. This would give teachers millions of dollar if this project wins. The steps are easy to follow! Please go VOTE!!!

Project Description:
    What if people from all walks of life could connect directly with public schools, learn about specific classroom needs, and choose how to help? I taught history at a Bronx high school where my colleagues and I often spent our own money on paper and pens. For the most part, however, we saw our students going without the books, art supplies, and other resources that they need to learn. We responded by creating a Web site where public school teachers describe specific educational projects for their classrooms, and individuals can choose which projects to fund. If we win the Members Project, we will apply all the proceeds to teacher requests posted on our web site. And we will turn to you, American Express members, to decide which requests to fulfill! Your choices will impact hundreds of thousands of students, most from low-income families. Let's move closer to a world where all students can go on a field trip, conduct scientific experiments, and peruse a classroom library.

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 5, 2007

Go vote!!!!

4. nytwinbee

nytwinbee Rookie

Jul 16, 2007

Donor's choose is an excellent place for teachers and they are in the top 50 and probably the top 25, go vote to make sure that it gets first place.

thanks,
    berna

5. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 16, 2007

Is there something special about having an AMEX versus Visa?

just wondering....

6. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jul 16, 2007

Not sure because I don't have one. I just know this members choose thing is HUGE!! Please vote if you have one!!

7. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 16, 2007

I have an AmEx because that's what they accept at Costco. I have a special one thru Costco that I get varying levels of rebates back, and it has no annual fee.

8. nytwinbee

nytwinbee Rookie

Jul 18, 2007

I don't necessarily believe it is better than visa, but it does have some great perks. I especially like their warranty, and how helpful they are when you call.

I have the one with points for Delta Airlines, and I was able to get two tickets to Hawaii from NYC, that was an awesome reward with my points.

Anyway, I just think that if you do have it, you should definitely register and try to make sure Donors Choose wins, because it would be a great way to get things for students.

don't forget to go and vote, and tell as many people as you can.

9. mbfenner

mbfenner Rookie

Jul 18, 2007

Is there something special about having an AMEX versus Visa?

I like the cash advances you can get should you find yourself in a jam somewhere overseas. Their rental car coverage is better than the others and they have excellent warranty/damage/theft coverage on purchases.