Do you give your students something at end of the year?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by heavens54, May 30, 2011.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 5, 2011

I give my students a picture CD with all of the pictures I have taken throughout the year. Families LOVE this!

I also get them some other small gift, based on the overall interest of the class. This year's class just loves my "smelly strawberry pointer" (a smelly strawberry pencil topper on a dowel), so I bought all of the kids a monkey pencil with their own strawberry topper. They are going to be so thrilled! :)

2. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jun 5, 2011

I converted a simple photo of each child's face into a blackline coloring page, then made a class "Facebook" for them to color.

3. NUMB3RSFAN

NUMB3RSFAN Rookie

Jun 6, 2011

Our 8th grade Language Arts teacher has students write a thank-you note to a teacher of their choice as part of their end of year writing portfolio. As the 8th grade Math Teacher, I make a point to write back to each student that wrote me. Other than that I don't do anything special.

4. Leatherette

Leatherette Comrade

Jun 6, 2011

I teach special ed K-5. I usually get a graduation gift for my 5th graders, but until this year, I have only had 1-3 graduating. This year I have 7! I want to get them something (one student has been with me for 4 years!), but am a little stumped. I found beautiful cards for my girls that were only 50 cents on sale, but that's it so far. We also do a party day.

5. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Jun 8, 2011

This sounds fun. Where can you do this?

6. praveensoni

praveensoni Guest

Feb 4, 2020

Yes! I gift dresses, artificial jewellery eindiawholesale, sunglasses, watches etc. to my students as gift.