Do you give grades in Social Studies

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by jlj, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 31, 2011

and/or science in 1st grade? If so, how many grades per week or total per semester?
    what do you grade, ie tests? projects? participation?

3. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Aug 31, 2011

I'm not sure of the specifics (as in what we grade) since I am new, but I do know this..

We have 6-12 grades per subject (including Sci/Social) per 6 weeks.

Though in ELA/Reading I think we have 24 grades since that gets broken down into specifics....

4. jeeskenj

jeeskenj Rookie

Sep 3, 2011

sort of:

My s.s. and science curriculum really just consists of reading from a text. I added a few extenders like a craft project here and there or a worksheet that highlights the parts of a plant for example, but for the most part all my students get an "E" or "A" in both.

5. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Sep 3, 2011

We give grades for science and social studeies- Two each week. We have projects, experiments, and worksheets.

6. jlj

jlj Devotee

Sep 4, 2011

Our S.S. & science are mostly reading as well so I will be doing a lot of supplementing. I also have to make up my own tests. EEK! i've never done this before so any pointers would be appreciated!
    How often do you give tests? All our other subjects are weekly so I guess that's what I should do.

As for grades per week, do you record 1 test grade & 1 seatwork grade or what? Our curriculum says not to count classwork as a grade since that's used as part of the learning process, the seatwork is review of what's been taught & is independent work.