Do you feel really, really funky at the end of the day?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Sep 11, 2013.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Sep 11, 2013

Another teacher and I were talking today about how we feel really nasty at the end of the day, after sweating/walking all day in our rooms. We both said we come home and directly get a shower. Does anyone else do this? The air in my class works half-way, which apparently is better than most rooms. But, by 9:30 a.m., I have usually had at least 2 hot flashes (and no, there's no other reason why I would be having hot flashes at my age.) Not to mention the smells from the cafeteria when I am doing duty. I feel like those smells stay with me ALL DAY! I've stopped using body sprays a while back, because I have a girl with asthma.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have an office job. :p

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 11, 2013

I teach middle school. They stink.

My air is malfunctioning. We went from cold air and 68 to hot air and 85 . . . three times.

I do have hot flashes. Bad ones.

The room is just dirty.

I take a shower when I get home most days. At the very least I change clothes and scrub my hands.

4. live

live Companion

Sep 11, 2013

I ALWAYS shower immediately when I get home. My classroom is freezing so I can't even say it's because of the heat. I do seem to sprint around the school though (been told to stop and take a breath on multiple occasions). And I love kids, but they are pretty gross. 7 hours of just being around little people who pick their noses, put things in their mouths, forget to wash their hands, grab things out of the trash, play in the dirt, and who knows what else...I feel grimy by the end of the day.

I also stand under cold water in the morning otherwise I can't wake up, so work days are double shower days. Except my afternoon shower is a normal shower (as opposed to simply torturing my brain into waking up).

5. live

live Companion

Sep 11, 2013

I learned this last year! They had the heat on till May at my old school. By 5th period, I could hardly breathe in my room from the smell alone.

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 11, 2013

Yes, I shower when I get home. I have windows open in my classroom all day...even in the winter. I can't stand all the smells.

7. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 12, 2013

When I taught elementary, yes, shower immediately once home.

With HS it isn't AS bad. A change of clothing and hand washing, and I feel okay.

8. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Sep 12, 2013

I usually workout first thing when I get home, and shower after that. It's been really hot and humid at my school so far this year, and going out to recess in the afternoon doesn't help.

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Sep 12, 2013

I have HS spe. ed. and they have PE at the end of the day. I harp on them to wear deodorant to begin with. Just imagine after PE if someone didn't wear it.

My daughter can smell stinky after 5 mins of playing outside and she is just 7. But she's been stinking like that after playing outside since she was at least 4.

Even my preschoolers last year after PE... PEEEE-EWWWWW!!! lol

Gotta love humidity!

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2013

I don't shower on most days but I do wash my hands almost immediately. There have been some days though that the kid funk on me is too much and I do shower.

11. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2013

Shower? No. But the first thing I do when I get home is wash my hands. They always feel so grimy.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 12, 2013

There's been 2x's when I just had to take a cool shower within the past 2 wks because the weather was brutally hot and I was walking around a lot on campus and the room I was in that day had no a/c. Having to take a shower when I get home from work is extremely rare for me...maybe twice in a whole year if that.

13. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2013

Some of us were saying at bus duty today that we need break in the middle of the day just to take a shower!

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 12, 2013

I don't shower, but I do change clothes and wash my hands.

15. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 13, 2013

I change clothes and wash my hands as well. I only shower if it's been particularly hot and I've been working in a room without AC. That said, I usually shower at night rather than in the morning so I don't go to bed with the grime of the day on me.