Do you ever get embarrassed...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by i8myhomework, Mar 1, 2014.

1. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Mar 1, 2014

... when you are watching a movie or something on TV? Like really bad second hand embarrassment to the point where you have to change the channel?

I'm watching a show called "My Mad Fat Diary" and while I looove it and it makes me laugh, sometimes situations the main character goes through and the awkward moments embarrass me so much.

My husband thinks it's crazy that I do this and can't see why I need to change the channel.

Am I the only one that does this? :lol:

3. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Mar 1, 2014

A friend and I were just talking about this. We call it second hand awkward.

4. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Mar 2, 2014

I do get embarrassed for characters on tv, but not to the point of changing the channel. Then I'd miss the rest of the show!

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Mar 3, 2014

I do this too. I don't change the channel, but I'll feel really uncomfortable.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 3, 2014

Can't say that I do! :)

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2014

I don't get embarrassed, but I do sometimes get uncomfortable. There are two episodes of The Office (my favorite show, which I regularly watch on Netflix when there is nothing else on) that I never watch. One is the Stanley "Did I stutter?" one, and the other is the one about Scott's Tots. Both of them make me terribly uncomfortable and I feel so bad for Michael. :(

8. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Mar 3, 2014

Embarrassed, no. But I do get uncomfortable or anxious. Like while watching Breaking Bad I would get so nervous I actually had to stop watching. I'd have my esposo watch and fill me in on what happened.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2014

Nope...sometimes scary/violent stuff lingers with me but the few series I watch are so character driven that such stuff is just part of those characters (Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad and Sopranos when they were running)

10. chemnerd19

chemnerd19 Companion

Mar 4, 2014

I thought I was the only one who did that!

11. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Mar 5, 2014

All the time! It's less so now that I'm older, but when I was in my teens and 20s, I couldn't stand to watch people on television or in the movies be humiliated.

12. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Mar 5, 2014

Hahaha! THIS IS ME. I must be your friend because I do the exact same things and all my friends tease me to death for it. :blush:

I agree. During the BB season finale, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The last five minutes seemed to go on forever and I just wanted it to end.