Do you embrace fall's chill or curse it?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Oct 16, 2010.

?

How do you feel about the changing of the seasons?

1. I like fall, and I look forward to getting out my sweaters

55.1%
  2. I hate fall because I know winter is on the way

8.2%
  3. I like all seasons and don't have a strong favorite

4.1%
  4. I like fall because it means winter is just around the corner

12.2%
  5. I live in a climate where there is no fall, it's always cold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I live in a climate where there is no fall, it's always warm

20.4%
  1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Oct 16, 2010

How do you feel about fall? It's our first chilly day here in NC...It's actually 60 degrees but my house is much colder. I prefer summer by far!

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 16, 2010

Fall is my favourite season by far; I love the nip in the air and the brilliant sunshine reflecting off the leaves.

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Oct 16, 2010

This is a really hard one for me. I do love Fall but I would absolutely love it if it didn't mean that snow was on it's way or even if it snowed everywhere else except for the roads:D

5. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2010

If we had it in AZ right now I would love it :) that being said I am not a fan of snow so I like a little chill but not full out winter weather.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 16, 2010

None of the poll choices really matched my feelings, so I didn't vote.

I really like fall. The colors of the trees are really pretty, and the weather is so nice. I love weather in the 60's. I like not needing heat or air conditioning. I like being able to wear a variety of clothes without being too hot or too cold.

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2010

I LOVE fall! I do enjoy winter, as well, but I absolutely love sunny days with a chill in the air. One of the best things about moving south is that fall actually lasts more than a week, which is always what it seemed like in WI.

8. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2010

I am so sick of hot weather by now, so yes, I'm looking forward to cooler temps.

I know it sounds weird, but I like no sleeves or long sleeves - nothing in between. So August, Sept, and October, I'm always fussing over what to wear to school. I love my sweaters!

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2010

I love it. Last night was the first night I was really and truly COLD when we went out to the movies, but that just means i can bundle up and snuggle up to my BF.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Oct 16, 2010

There wasn't a choice for "I don't know". I currently live in an area that has all four seasons, but this is very new to me. My hometown stays hot nearly all year, so I'm experiencing my very first real fall season. I'll let you know next year how I feel. :)

11. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2010

I like it but it is my bad time of the year as far as my allergies go. I have already been in the hospital for 4 nights with pneumonia and had to go back last Saturday night because I was having trouble breathing again. Fall in Louisiana is actually almost a joke, it gets cool enough that the pollen starts flowing and it doesn't rain so nothing washes away the pollen.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 16, 2010

I love Fall weather. I don't mind the cooler temperatures. I just wish it would last longer so Winter could be shorter!

13. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 16, 2010

I agree with TeacherNY.....I love the colors, the smell, the bite in the air, especially after the heat we had in September. I don't mind winter, but come February I have had enough.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 17, 2010

I LOVE the fall & fall fashions! If it could be in the low 70s all yr, that would be fine w/ me. I just hate hot weather period!...& sweltering summers are the worst!

15. kteachone

kteachone Companion

Oct 17, 2010

I LOVE IT!

16. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 17, 2010

I love Florida fall... it actually cools down a bit (ok, in the upper 70s...), but at night it can get down in the 50s. Such a welcome change from the last 7 months of sweat and humidity :)

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2010

I love each season as it comes.

I HATE being cold though I love snow.

I love the beauty of fall but hate how short the days are; there's something so demoralizing about driving to school in the dark and returning in the dark.

18. Securis

Securis Cohort

Oct 17, 2010

I become wistful in the Fall but I love the temperature change. It's the right amount of cool with warm while the sun bears down on you touching your face in the morning. You can walk through a shadow and feel Winter's approach and step out again to remember Summer's embrace.

19. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2010

I look forward to each season...Right now I'm loving fall- football, the changing leaf colors, apple cider, pumpkins...Taking my sweaters out today and changing my closet over for the new season...

20. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 17, 2010

I hate fall because it indicates winter is coming. Bare branches in paintings? Pretty. Bare branches around me? I just cannot stand that. :(

21. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2010

I love fall!! I would love it more if I lived in an area that actually had a good fall, but it's not too bad here. We don't really get much of a winter so I guess it's no big deal for fall to be here!

22. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 17, 2010

Fall is my favorite season (though I'm sure spring will be my favorite in about 6 months.) Cool nights and warm days, football, pumpkins and cider, football, Halloween...what's not to love!

23. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 18, 2010

I love fall, but we usually don't get one here. Before the leaves can turn, the storms come and rip the leaves off the trees! I long to live in a place with four distinct seasons, even if just for a year or 2.

24. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 18, 2010

I'm getting quite frustrated this fall. The weather is EXTREMELY erradic here in San Francisco. It was 85 in my room two days last week, so I finally wore a tank top and light skirt the third day, when it dipped down to 60. Different parts of the city have different micro climates as well. So you can't just look up the weather-the fog can make one area freezing while the sun and hilltop view can roast another area. If I knew what to expect, it would be a LOT easier.

That said, I love the weather where I live, about 20 miles north. The weather there is very constant, as we aren't by the water. It gets very wet and damp in the winter, but still no snow, which is all I require. ;)

25. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 20, 2010

Fall/spring 2 fav seasons. Normally when winter comes I hate it tho!! This yr after the REALLY hot summer we had. And the fact that my 2nd job in retail is very HOT in our store most of the time, and last yr I really enjoyed when thecustomers comming in and out always let in the cool air and the place felt better!!! It has actually not really been a cold day yet...It was cold yesturday morning, but thats about it!! I am going out to check it out right now!! I am hot natured but somewhere in the middle when it comes to temp if it's not too hot or too cold out its perfect for me!!

26. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 20, 2010

I don't mind it if the sun is out!!! When it is chilly & rainy or just cloudy it feels colder!!!

We are loving that we haven't put the heat on yet or no a/c... saving some money right now & loving it!!!!

Bon fires are a little more tolerable as well!!! LOL!!!

27. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Oct 20, 2010

That used to happen when I lived in RI. Everything was pretty, them WHAM, and overnight storm made everything bare. I hated it.