Do you blog?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Lainie, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Lainie

Lainie Companion

Feb 25, 2006

I'm thinking about starting up a new blog on blogspot... With all my activities, my favorite kid quotes, etc...

I was wondering, do any of you guys blog? I'm interested to see some teacher blogs, for networking and idea-gathering purposes.

3. tenndon

tenndon Rookie

Feb 25, 2006

I have just started Blogging! I think it is going to be a great way to journal my days and share them with others.
    I am on BlogSpot, my blog is called "a Teacher in Progress". I am just getting it going but please stop by sometime and leave a comment.

There are many blogs by teachers for you to check out. Just follow links on some of the more active sites.

Blessings,
    Don

4. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Feb 25, 2006

i blog on myspace.
    but i'm not currently a teacher and my blog has NOTHING to do with teaching.

5. Lainie

Lainie Companion

Feb 25, 2006

Oh, I blog on xanga and myspace, but neither of them covers my teaching, just my own personal baggage.

6. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Feb 25, 2006

Oh heck YES I blog. I've been blogging for almost two years, and I have a scheissload of teacher/education blogs I could share with you. I also contribute to the Carnival of Education every week, which is an absolutely awesome and useful collection of school-related blog posts, collected every week. There are fantastic teacher blogs out there. On the very best ones, teachers tell about classroom experiences, tips, memories, and other things going on in their personal lives. Blogging is the best thing that's happened to me in the past two years. It's become an extension of me. Go for it. And if you need any help, just ask.

7. ViolaSwamp

ViolaSwamp Habitué

Feb 28, 2006

LOL why am I not surprised Jane!

And I mean only good things by that. I blog too, but I'm pretty uncommitted to it. My friends and family were too lazy to check it even when I went to MS to do Katrina Relief so I do it to put down my thoughts not to communicate with them. I must admit mine's pretty lame.

8. historyteacher

historyteacher Companion

Mar 1, 2006

I blog though I am fairly new at it. I blog mainly about history and my adventures as I introduce American History to 4th graders. I also include opinions and just general musings as well. My blog is called "historyiselementary" and it is at blogspot.

I visit Jane's blog (in blog language it is called "lurking") at least once or twice a week. On each of our blogs we have links to other teacher blogs so once you get to her blog or mine it's real easy to locate other great blogs.

You'll see that most teachers are very private about exactly who they are and the names of their schools. It makes for a more honest and free exchange of opinions. Visit sometime and leave me a comment.