Hi! I have in my application in the system where I live and there are 2 positions left. I really want one position, right near my house. I dropped off my resume at that school on Friday, but couldn't speak to the principal because she was out of town. Today she was in a meeting with the division principals and her secretary told me Friday, she didn't know how long the meeting would be. Anyway, I know my resume has been delivered to her (either today or tomorrow AM). If I do not hear anything from the school board regarding an interview by tomorrow afternoon (new teacher orientation is Aug. 18), would it be overstepping any boundaries to call her, make sure she got my resume, ask if she's had a chance to review it in regards to the current vacancy, and (?) ask if I could stop by to meet her? Should I do any of the above? Should I wait until Wednesday AM to call? My thinking was, if I follow through with a phone call to express my interest in the position, she know I really am interested in teaching at her school. I don't want to let the opportunity slip by, but I don't want to make a serious breach of etiquette either. Help me, what do I do?