Do I call or forget it?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mommyserenity, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 2, 2010

I am just so frustrated with this Christian school. Not getting any answers at all...so do I call and hope someone is there just so I can get closure? My husband says don't call that the email I sent last night was enough and if he wanted to be in touch he would have already done so.

3. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Jul 2, 2010

Because you sent it last night I would wait a day, then call.

4. cristin11

cristin11 Rookie

Jul 2, 2010

I'm with jwteacher. Wait until Monday/Tuesday (depending on the 4th of July holiday) to call.

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 2, 2010

Most schools and offices close during the week of July 4th. It is pretty universal everywhere. Email will probably be your best bet because so many people are vacationing. If you do not hear anything next week, I would bet the reason is because of district office closures for vacations. Many districts take a two week hiatus. I would check your school website. :) Since this is a private institution this may not be the case for you. But I just thought that I would throw it out there. Have a great vaca and remember... when interested parties ask... Just say, "I have so many possibilities right now, but honestly I am trying to take my mind off of the job hunt and just enjoy the vacation." If you feel like talking about it, then that conversation will happen because you wanted to talk about it. Take care and enjoy the kids!

6. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 2, 2010

Finally got a call from the P. He asked for a few more days to get his ducks in a row. Said he has enrolled more students and has one more candidate he'd like to see. He did say he felt I was a good fit for the school based on my interview. He also said that if I got an offer from the other school that I please ask them for some time so that I could call him first before I accept another offer. I told him I was agreeable to that since I honestly preferred his school and would welcome an offer from him. He said that was great to hear and he'd be in touch Tues or Wed. Soooooo...still just in limbo.

7. teacher304

teacher304 Companion

Jul 2, 2010

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you are in sounds like the P loved you and wants you very badly.

Celebrate your vacation b/c that sounds like a verbal offer.

8. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 2, 2010

Yay! Glad he called and now you can enjoy your vacation! And it sounds like he really likes you and is upfront and honest about the situation. Congrats! :)

9. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 2, 2010

Enjoy your weekend--- at least in my part of the US its suppose to be beautiful, sunny, but really hot. Have fun and hopefully this week will bring lots of good news for you.

As a Christian, I hope this man--- I'm going to assume he's Christian too since he's working at the school--- has been and will continue to be truthful to you. At my Catholic school (wow that feels good saying :) ), I was told they *HAD* to interview other people but it turns out (I almost was in happy tears from hearing this) the principal loved me so much and she just felt GOOD about me that she didn't bother. Perhaps things will work out like that for you too and they won't bother with the other interview and will just go ahead and make that call to offer you a contract.

10. 2cutekiddos

2cutekiddos Companion

Jul 2, 2010

Great news! Look at the positives... he says your a good fit, he doesn't want you to just take another position without talking to him first, and he is glad to hear you like them as well!!!

Now go have some fun with your family!!! :)

11. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 2, 2010

Wow...sounds so positive!! : ) Enjoy your vacation!

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2010

It sounds wonderful!!!

Now go and enjoy your vacation!!!

13. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 2, 2010

Sounds very promising!

14. womby

womby Rookie

Jul 2, 2010

That's the news we all wanted to year. Now you can enjoy your vacation. Have a happy 4th!

15. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 2, 2010

That sounds VERY promising. My P said the same thing to me when I interviewed. That is the reason I knew I had the job.

16. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2010

It sounds like you are all set. Go have fun!

17. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 2, 2010

WOO HOO! Time for the party to begin. ENJOY your time with your family and NOW you have some promising news!

18. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 2, 2010

BioAngel He is a Christian man...was a minister prior to becoming a principal at this school.

I am hoping he simply wants to see this other candidate to be sure he has the staff chosen that he feels is best based on which grade to place us in etc....I am trying not to feel like this is a definite thing, but I feel somewhat good knowing he feels Iam a good fit AND that he knows I prefer his school over another offer up front. Hoping by mid week I will finally be off this rollercoaster.