Do any of you have one of these

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by giraffe326, Jan 21, 2009.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 21, 2009

Cell phones? (Verizon)

~LG Voyager
    ~LG Dare
    ~Samsung Glyde
    ~Blackberry Storm

My cell phone was stolen tonight at my dealership :( I am still hoping one of the sales guys is playing a prank on me, but I know they are not. I left it on my desk and went to clean and it was taken somehow. You can't get to it with out going behind the counter, but apparently, someone did. Luckily I found out in less than an hour that it was missing (my P called at 7:00 and by 8:15 I was searching for it). I know it is stolen because first it was off (and I had it on). Then, it was turned back on and a ringback tone was downloaded (I have never had a ringback tone and if I did, it would have never been this song!). So, I called Verizon and it is shut off and I will not be charged for any downloads. And, she has marked my account to get the "1-year" price so I don't have to pay full price (I am 12 months from being eligible for a new phone). Unfortunately, I gave away my old phone (I will never do that again!!!)
    Anyway, I had a Samsung Gleam, which I liked. But I really want a touch phone. So, if anyone has any opinions, I'd love to hear them!!

3. Kase

Kase Companion

Jan 21, 2009

That really stinks! I had verizon but switched because they were too expensive and I didn't like any of their phones. I do know that I absolutely love Samsung. Never had a problem with Samsung. I played with the Blackberry Storm but it's just so slow! It took forever just to get to the camera when I pushed the camera button to try and take a picture! Now it could have been because it was the display and everybody I'm sure had been playing with it. I know my boyfriend has never had a problem with his Blackberry but his is the Pearl.

4. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Jan 22, 2009

I have the Storm! Best Phone ever. Love it, recommend it forever!!

5. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2009

So sorry about your phone! I've had luck with my Samsung one from Verizon, so far. I dropped it on the highway while making a stop at Wendy's and Walgreen, and someone called my house about it. My DH delivered it to me at work asking, "Are you missing something?" It was my phone!:D The lady told my hubby that she almost ran over it. The last time, I left it at Taco Cabana, after argueing with a cashier. Anyway, came home and realized it was missing, went back to TC and one of the cooks had it. Anyway, My Samsung has been tops!. I've dropped it so many times, and it still works without a problem.
    Verizon is the best phone service that we've had so far. We've had the other ones BUT VZON beats them all!
    Rebel1

6. NewGirl23

NewGirl23 Rookie

Jan 22, 2009

I have a Samsung Glyde...it is very pretty and durable, however, the touch screen works about 75% of the time. I like it when it works....but when it doesn't I want to SCREAM!!!! You can push a button and it will select the button right beside the one you touch...it will continue doing this until you turn your phone back off then on (which sucks when you are trying to hit send on a text message because then you have to re type it). Anyway, knowing what I know now...I wouldn't have gotten a Glyde...that is just my 2 cents

7. MrsFrench

MrsFrench Rookie

Jan 22, 2009

I started out with the glyde but the touchscreen didn't always work....i do not reccommend it. Now I have the dare and I love it! :)

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 22, 2009

I think I am going to get the Dare. I like the Samsung Omnia but I can't afford it :( Another $80 on top of the Dare.

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 22, 2009

To update the theft, the thief texted someone about 40 times before I shut the phone off. I had my mom call the number and she told them both Verizon and the police were involved and asked the person's name :)lol:) She gave it to her. My mom told her if he took it back to the dealership, we'd forget everything. 30 minutes later, she called my mom back and said she was out of state- she looked it up. Mom said, yes, it is my daughter's phone and she lives in NC. The girl says now she doesn't know the guy. He texted her randomly and she had a conversation with him "just because". Unfortunately, the guy didn't stay at the dealership long and he is not in our system. However, he is on camera. But, the camera does not show my desk. Grrr... (We know who it is due to the time frame and he is the only person in there who was not logged into the computer).
    I am so angry :mad: :mad:

10. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 23, 2009

I know about those cameras when the police are involved. When my wallet was picked off my back pocket at little Ceasar's Pizza, the cops couldn't do anything BECAUSE they can't connect the hand to the face of the PP. It sucks! They didn't have to do anything anyway, because I patted the 3 guys down and got it back from them, without thinking about what could have happened to me, according to my family, etc.
    2 funny every time I recall it,:D
    Rebel1