Division Lesson on Interactive Whiteboard

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by MrsJC, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MrsJC

MrsJC New Member

Nov 19, 2011

I'm a student teacher in the 5th grade and I've been assigned to teach a division lesson on a Smart Board. I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about this. I've tried searching for activities with not much success. Does anyone have any suggestions aside from just using the Smart notebook to write down division problems? It would be greatly appreciated.

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Nov 19, 2011

I always start my division problems with base 10 blocks. I have a Mimio, not a smartboard, but I downloaded a resource with the blocks and I use it to solve the problem. I'm sure there's something similar for the Smartboard.

4. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Dec 10, 2011

Did you find anything? I'm teaching division now as well, and I was having a hard time finding anything.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 10, 2011

I also use the base ten blocks to teach long division and the Smartboard works out nice for modeling the manipulatives.

You could also put the steps across the top or bottom of the screen and turn on the infinite cloner option. Then, before you do each step, have the students drag the step down.