Displaying Learning Targets

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pencil Monkey, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 11, 2011

I will first start by admitting that I don't like my own handwriting. I teach all the subjects and in previous years I just wrote the targets on the board. The school that I now work at requires that I display long term and short term learning targets. If I did this on the board it would take up the whole white board. So I was thinking that I would like to type and print them out on card stock but I need to be able to change them out easily as I change units.

Is there a pocket chart that would hold 8.5x11 papers for such a display? Or can someone give me a better idea to display my targets?

3. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2011

Could you create your own display using page protectors?

Another idea is to hang clipboards and attach the pages as needed that way.
    [​IMG]

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 11, 2011

When I had to do this, I put them on sentence strips and had a bulletin board for it. Sometimes our objectives would come back again, since our curriculum would cycle, and so I'd save them all. I labelled on the back which unit they went with. Then, the next year they'd already be written out, and when I finished with one that was used again I'd file it with the next unit. The last time I used one, I'd file it back with the first unit so it would be ready to go for the next year.

5. historynut

historynut Rookie

Jul 11, 2011

I used sheet protectors once. I attached them to the wall with velcro dots (had them left over) and then I would just slide what I needed in and out of them.

6. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 11, 2011

I use sheet protectors. I've typed up all of our learning targets for all subjects and put them into a binder sorted by subject. As I needed to change my learning target, I flipped to the correct target and pulled it out of the binder. To post them, I used the 3M removable hooks and put them on my whiteboard. I put butcher paper behind them to make the targets stand out and put a border around the butcher paper to make it look cleaner. I wish I had a picture, but I can't get into my classroom right now. Sorry!