Disneyland

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Grammy Teacher, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 3, 2011

I need a ball park figure as to what it would cost to take a family of 4 adults and one 6 year old to Disneyland, flying from Minneapolis, MN. I would like to go between October and the end of January, even considering Christmas there. Just beginning to think about it and I don't have a clue!:dizzy: Probably looking at 3 or 4 days stay.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 3, 2011

Alice will be the perfect person for this!

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2011

Just to clarify--are you talking Disneyland in CA, or Disney World in Florida?

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 3, 2011

I've never been to Disneyland, CA, grammy, so I'm not sure of what's offered.

You can play around here: http://bookdlr.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcdlr/en_US/_framework/components/processEngine

But I did look at Disney World (FL) I chose a week at the start of December-- I think the crowds are reasonable, but I think the resorts are decorated for Christmas then.

Travel DatesCheck In November 30, 2011
    Check Out December 7, 2011 (Sorry, I missed the part about staying only 3-4 days)

Travel Party4 Adults
    1 Child (Age 6)

Resort ChoiceDisney's All-Star Music Resort
    Family Suite Included
    All suites have one queen-size bed, a living room with a double-size sleeper sofa, and 2 twin-size sleeper chairs, 2 bathrooms, a mini-kitchen, vanity area with sink, and table and chairs. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access (additional fee), microwave, iron and ironing board. A hairdryer and Pack 'n Play® playard are available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Located close to the Main Building, these rooms offer views of the parking lot, courtyard or pool.

Dining and Entertainment ChoiceMagic Your Way Package Plus Dining (that would include character meals)

Park Ticket Choice 8 Day Magic Your Way Ticket
    Total: $4,440.71 + airfare.

Play around here: http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....rocessEngine?startOver=true&gatewayID=landing for info

Just FYI: Our last 2 trips have each run about $5000 including airfare for our family of 5.

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2011

For what it's worth, we went to Disney World the first week of December about 15 years ago--and it was wonderful--no lines, but with all the great Christmas decorations, parades, shows, etc.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 3, 2011

Thanks you guys! I was thinking of CA, but Florida would be ok too...just not sure yet. Alice, I was thinking around 5,000. Thanks again, I appreciate all the input.