Disney Couple

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, Sep 22, 2012.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2012

This is old, just to note, but have you heard/read this yet?

A couple met at work and got engaged. Just before the wedding they were looking through pictures and she showed him one of her at Disney World as a young girl. He was in the background of the photo being pushed in a stroller. She was from Florida; he was from Canada.

Love little stories like this. Anyone have something similar? :)

3. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Sep 22, 2012

I think read about it before. I think it's amazing!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2012

Stories like these amaze me!

My dad raised beagels as a child. His family always used this one vet. The vet turned out to be my mom's dad. Funny enough she was there one day when he went in. They didn't actually meet though until they were in the sheriff's dept together.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 23, 2012

That's so cool.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2012

Aww, that's really sweet!

7. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Sep 23, 2012

Wow. Too cute!

8. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2012

My husband is 10 years older than me. We probably met when I was in the 8th grade at a football game. I was 13 he was 23. He was dating a girl from my hometown who had siblings who where my age. The girl was in the pep squad with me and the boy played football. He came to watch the boy play in the game and we were introduced I'm sure because I was good friends with little sister. Wait it gets better! My husband's mother was married to a man for 11 years. After they got a divorce he moved back to his hometown which happens to be mine too. The former step dad dated my best friends mom most of the time we were in high school. We never "met " then. Several years after I graduated we "met" and started dating. We were on a date and the step dad just happened to be there too. They started talking like they knew each other. Little did I know that they really did know each other.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 23, 2012

The Disney story and TXmom... you're stories are so cool!!!

10. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 23, 2012

I don't think I ever heard that. How wonderful and amazing! That one was definitely meant to be.

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 23, 2012

Neat. :)

Well, I'll tell my story...but it may make seem crazy. Note, I knew of my husband in high school as he was fairly popular in a small school and in my brother's class, and we did casually meet toward the end, but we didn't truly know each other until right after I graduated. I was eighteen and we've been together since...

While I'm not religious, I am pretty spiritual. I remember the first time in my life when I experienced this very intense sensation of pure bliss. I was in social studies and it was just a regular day. I was sitting there reading the chapter or whatever I was doing while the teacher was tending to something and his student helper was working going through things on the teacher's desk. I remember he asked the teacher what he should do with something, and the teacher told him to throw it away. I remember that because of how the teacher responded...it was funny. But otherwise, I paid no attention to the helper. Anyway, at some point during the class, this wave went over me. Just like life was amazingly perfect, peaceful...I can't really explain it. It was fleeting, but very memorable. I didn't have that experience again for a couple years. I tried...I'd go down to the creek alone and all that, but it didn't return. Well, when my husband and I were going through transcripts and college stuff a few years ago, I discovered he was that teacher's student helper that year (but just for a couple days because of a schedule conflict or something). I really like to think that moment of bliss was something greater speaking to me...giving me a glipse into the future.

Then... A few years ago, we were told at school one Friday that a big tournament would be held on our campus and to be aware teachers from the region would be using our rooms. I came back Monday with a note on my desk from that same social studies teacher. I hadn't heard of him in years because he started teaching in a district different than the one he taught me in, and I was working in a different district as well. The note said to tell "Bob", my husband, hi.

Some days I believe in fate, some days I don't. But I like to think it was all meant to be. Of course, my husband doesn't remember any warm fuzzies, much less this crazy-intense blissful experience! But he's a man! :p

12. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Sep 24, 2012

What a cool story!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 24, 2012

No, I hadn't heard this one, but that's really something!