Discipline

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by MsG, Jul 13, 2010.

1. MsG

MsG Companion

Jul 13, 2010

Hey guys - we are starting PBS this year for our school and have some good things going...my biggest concern for myself is documentation. I'm so bad about remembering to write things down. Some of the younger grades have an "oops book" that the kids fill out when they miss recess that has the problem, solution, and what they'll do different next time. Do any of you use something like this in 4th grade? Thanks!

3. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Jul 13, 2010

If my students have to stay in from recess or some other event, they write letters to their parents about what they did, why, and what they will do differently. My deal with my students is.... if they change their behavior over the next day or so, it goes in my binder and it stays there (for my ongoing records) ... BUT if they continue with their negative behavior it gets sent home with a phone call.

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 13, 2010

Sorry; what is PBS?

5. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 13, 2010

I had my kids last year fill out an oops sheet with why they had to pull their card. They then had to sign it, I signed it, and they had to have their parent sign it. It helped me remember who pulled their card for what reason. We write in their agendas each day what color they were on, if they pulled a card I wrote the reason why.

6. MsG

MsG Companion

Jul 13, 2010

PBS is Positive Behavior Supports...it's one of those school wide behavior system things. It will be nice for everyone to be on the same page, but we are expected to document since it's our behavior component of RTI. (Fun, fun.)

I like having them write down why they had to sit out. I feel like it makes it more personal and real to them.

Thanks!!!

7. mrsburf

mrsburf Rookie

Jul 14, 2010

I like doing this because it holds them accountable for their actions.