Directions for Demo Lesson

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by DSD, Jun 1, 2013.

1. DSD

DSD Rookie

Jun 1, 2013

I got invited at about 4 pm on Fri to do a demo lesson at 9.15 on Monday morning. The directions say:

"Prepare a lesson for a 30 minute block using the following standard . . . please note we will only ask you to teach the mini lesson portion of the lesson, but ask you to prepare the entire lesson so we can envision the entire lesson."

Does this mean my entire lesson should be for 30 min and the mini lesson will be a part of that 30 min? Apologies if this is an obvious question, I've never done a demo lesson before.

Also, I can't imagine how I will launch into the lesson if they only want to see the mini lesson. Wouldn't it be rather random and disjointed?

3. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jun 1, 2013

I'd assume that the lesson as a whole is 30 min and they just wanna see the mini lesson part. At the start of the mini lesson start with explaining what the goal is and it'll make the "flow" easier perhaps . I'd assume you'll be teaching for 10 min most? That's the timing of my schools mini lessons anyways

4. DSD

DSD Rookie

Jun 1, 2013

Thanks so much! I figured the entire lesson should be 30 min but wasn't entirely sure.

Are you teaching in NY? I am from here and looking for positions in one of the boroughs.