Digital Teaching Methods Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Hibah, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hibah

Hibah New Member

Oct 28, 2019

Hello everyone!
    I am writing a research paper for my undergraduate Writing & Rhetoric class, and I am researching the effectiveness of digital teaching methods in elementary school language arts classrooms. I would appreciate it so so much if you could take some time to answer the following questions for my research. Thank you!!!
    1. What subject & grade level do you teach?
    2. What are the primary teaching methods you use in the classroom with your students?
    3. How do you incorporate technology and digital media in your lessons/homework? What online educational platforms do you use? How effective are they?
    4. Compare your students’ engagement when being taught with technology versus traditional teaching methods.
    5. How do you balance your classroom instruction between conventional and digital media?
    6. What are the best ways to incorporate digital media in the classrooms? What are the disadvantages of using technology with young students?
    7. How does the effectiveness of digital teaching methods compare with traditional teaching methods?

Thank you so much for your time. Let me know if you have any questions!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 28, 2019

Welcome to A to Z, Hibah. The two threads you posted today on your research questionnaire have been merged: they were largely duplicative, and A to Z policy discourages multiple threads on the same topic at the same time by the same member. (The site owner's rationale - and I agree - is that spreading out the discussion dilutes it.) Don't be concerned that your potential audience won't find your request here: most veteran members of A to Z search for new threads and posts not by going forum by forum but rather by using one of the Recent Posts links at the top of the page to bring up a list of new stuff across forums.

Best of luck with your research!

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Oct 28, 2019

Hibah,

While I always encourage research, the questions you ask would take quite a while to adequately answer. I'm usually willing to help, but this would be way too time consuming.

May I suggest that you narrow your scope?. I would also suggest that you set it up as a survey on something like SurveyMonkey, and consider using Likert scales on some of these questions, so that your results will actually be quantifiable.

I'm not sure you are really going to get any usable data this way.

But I do wish you the best of luck in your research.

Tired Teacher likes this.