Digital Storytelling... Do you use it yet?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by EDUtechnologist, Jul 8, 2008.

1. EDUtechnologist

EDUtechnologist Rookie

Jul 8, 2008

Hi all -

I have been integrating digital storytelling into my lessons and was curious if there were other educators who are doing this as well. Can you share your experiences with Digital Storytelling??

I have created a video clip and podcast about Digital Storytelling at akidemia.com.

I have used Digital Storytelling with ESL students. In one case we created a virtual tour of the elementary school in English and Spanish adding the audio to each slide!

Cheers,
    Whitney

3. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 8, 2008

I just finished a course where I had to evaluate a 'digital essay' lesson. I really loved it and I am hoping to use it as soon as I can (first I need a job again!).

4. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 8, 2008

I have used digital storytelling with my students. One of their projects was to choose a Spanish explorer and tell their story of traveling to Arizona with 10 pictures and then their story to support each picture. My students LOVED it.

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 8, 2008

I use it all the time. We write digital books, keep a record of our field trips (and later write essays that go along with them), and make DVD type recordings. Students especially like to see themselves. We have one on playground safety that is really cool.

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 9, 2008

My students write belief essays and use PhotoStory to create their digital stories of their essays.

7. EDUtechnologist

EDUtechnologist Rookie

Jul 20, 2008

I found a new software for digital storytelling called Umajin. Has anyone else used this yet?

You can download a free trial for MAC/PC.