digital projector mount

Discussion in 'General Education' started by wcvetwife, Oct 21, 2009.

1. wcvetwife

wcvetwife Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

So we got these great digital projectors(wishing for a smartboard at some point) and as with most technology, we don't have anywhere useful to put them. We have to get creative on how to display it. Right now mine is sitting on a cart and only used in an odd corner of the room. I would love for it to be mounted to the ceiling so I could use it for the front of the room.

So I don't have to spend $200 on a digital projector mount, how do you have your projector mounted to your ceiling. By the way, running the cords across the floor is not possible - complete safety hazard with my K's.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 21, 2009

I deleted the other thread as the site prohibits duplicate threads in several forums.

My projector was mounted on the ceiling (which was rather low). The cords were run through the dropped ceiling.

4. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

Oct 22, 2009

My projector, digital camera, and laptop reside on a cart with the smartboard cable and power cord covered by one of those wire covers that I bought at a hardware store. It's not ideal or beautiful, but it has passed the fire inspection for two years now. Sometimes, ya just gotta make do.