Digital Clock vs. Analog Clock

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TeachnRox, Aug 9, 2008.

1. TeachnRox

TeachnRox Companion

Aug 9, 2008

I was wondering your thoughts on this. I currently teach 1st, and our classroom was renovated, yeah! I walked in and we have digital clocks!

However, when I taught third in another school we had them too, but I noticed after covering it up that the kids couldn't tell time on a regular clock. So, elapsed time was even more challenging!! I kept it covered all year, and it was pretty funny ppl would walk in and ask if my clock was broken. Anyone out there notice that kids rely quite a bit on the digital clocks? I made some comment to our secretary, and she laughed and said that when parents come to sign in they see the analog, and then start looking for a digital. I know they both have their importance, and that students should be able to read both, and digital seems to be everywhere. My watch is analog, and most adult ones are. But, it seems we are going towards more digital now. So, any experiences with this? :huh:

3. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Aug 9, 2008

I'd cover it too and get a wall clock. Digital is easier and in general, people will just do the easy thing just 'cause it's easier!