DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION QUESTION

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Xgomenara9, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

IN MY INTERVIEW, I HAD THE QUESTION OF HOW DO YOU USE DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION IN YOUR LESSONS. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

3. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

YES!!!! Differentiated instruction is really big right now...esp in the younger grades where they do not switch classes. The school I student taught at requires it for Math...although it didn't happen every day, when I had my observation w/ the princ. to get approved for subbing I made sure I did it that day!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

This is a huge topic right now. You'll probably want to check out a teacher education book from the library and read up on it so that you know what you're talking about when you give your answer. You need to have a good grasp of this concept, not just a general idea.

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2007

I attempted to begin my answer by restating the question once in an interview and I stumbled over the pronunciation of differentiated...so my first advice is to practice saying it out loud!! I wish someone would have told me that!! LOL Sad stroy but oh so true!!! (Didn't get the job!)

6. Occabacca

Occabacca Companion

Jul 21, 2007

HI
    Goole search diffeentiated ins and really understand it. A assistant super friend of mine said one of the biggest errs in interviewees answers about this, is that people are refering to learning styles and that is not what they are looking for.

its more on the lines of how YOU adapt assessment, lessons, activities.

hope this helps

7. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

THat's good to know. I think your friend's right. This is a very hot topic but it seems that not a lot of people know too much about it in terms of specifics. I know I don't as yet. I haven't even talked with anyone who addresses the issue beyond learning styles. I have an interview Monday and I'm sure this will be a subject for discussion, so I'll research further this w/e. Thx.

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2007

Good point! You're right! People do tend to want to describe it using examples of learning styles but that's not what it is. It's about how you take the curriculum and change it up/around so that everyone can still learn and meet the standards.

9. MissB

MissB Companion

Jul 31, 2007

10. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

What a great source of information! Thanks for posting the link.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2007

That is a great site--thanks. Providing differentiated instruction for all of our students will be a school focus next year; this is a great resource for some workshop material.