Different Idea for "Giving Tree" Wish List

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Matt633, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Jul 23, 2008

Instead of making a tree with leaves for my "wish list" I want to do something different. I was thinking....Make a couple of big stars and write...."When I wish upon a star" and/or "Star Light Star Brite, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." (or have the wishes on my list) then have a star with an item on it that I need. I would just make a mini montage or mobile and hang it in a strategic place.

Give me feedback...good idea? what are your ideas? Are you doing this sort of thing this year?

3. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Jul 23, 2008

I like this idea. :) I think I'm going to borrow it from you. :) I like the "Wish Upon a Star" idea. Hmmmm, I would hang it near where you might put parent announcements or reminders. And put it near the door. :D

4. Lareigna

Lareigna Companion

Jul 23, 2008

I think that is a great idea. It sounds like a wish list to me. You could make quotation on top above the mobile and just list the wish items on the stars.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 23, 2008

I love that idea. At dollar tree, they have removable stick-ons of planets and stars (wallpaper aisle).

You could use a headline like - Your Donations Light Up Our Classroom.

6. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 23, 2008

Last year I used star cutouts from DT and put them on my chalkboard. I wrote: Wishing on a star...above it. Parents took the stars off and purchased the items.

This year, I made postcards at Vista print with stars on them. They say: "We are reaching for the stars!" "If you'd like to help, we could use... and then I wrote items on the cards. They are taped to my white board for parents to see when they come in for our Sneak a Peek before school starts.