Didn't Reference My Portfolio Once!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wanting2teach, May 29, 2012.

1. wanting2teach

wanting2teach Rookie

May 29, 2012

I had an interview last week and brought my extensive portfolio with me. I had it on the table right in front of me during the whole interview and didn't reference it once!

The interview did go really well. I fully answered all their questions and we had a very positive conversation. They did not ask to see anything, and when I left the interview, I felt great!

Only later did I realize I hadn't even opened my portfolio. Anyone else ever do this? Did I completely shoot myself in the foot?

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 29, 2012

I brought my portfolio to my last interview and the principal did not ask to see it. I did mention I had examples of lessons and he said that we could get to it at the end of the interview. Well, after an hour and a half interview he never did have time to look at it. I got the job anyway!

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

May 29, 2012

*extensive portfolio

A portfolio should not be that extensive. It needs to be something they could quickly look through, or you can quickly show an example of.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 29, 2012

I bring my portfolio to all interviews and used it only once. I've gotten jobs without it. So, don't worry about that.

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 29, 2012

You use it when you need it, it is just a tool. You sound like you didn't need it! Don't worry about it.