Did you see the Jon Gosselin picture?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Kat53, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 12, 2009

Sorry for another Jon and Kate thread but this picture made me feel a little disgusted. I'm going to post the link but if it doesn't work here is what the picture is. It is of him and a girl holding hands walking along the French Riviera. The girl is the daughter of the plastic surgeon who did Kate's tummy tuck. The families have been friends for years. Kate is supposedly close to the mom. I know they are divorcing so it is expected that he will move on and date, but it's a little weird that it's the daughter of a close family friend. :unsure:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20290672,00.html

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

What happened to the teacher?

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

Wonder who Kate will be dating when it's not her week with the kids?

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2009

They've been done! I knew he'd be living it up. He's already on the 2nd girl (& God knows how many one-night stands) since just breaking it off w/ Kate. I NEVER like him anyway!

It's ALWAYS easier for the man, even if she didn't have all those kids. :down:

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Any woman would be CRAZY to date John, unless it was just a fling for them as well. First, he's made it clear he's ready to party, which means he probably won't stay with the girl for long. Second, he's going to have child support FOR EIGHT KIDS!!! Say goodbye to new clothes. Thirdly, she's going to be hounded by the paparazti and torn about in blogs, entertainment shows and forums.

For what? A man whom mumbles and can't handle commitment? No thanks.

7. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Probably what she wants:p

8. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

I wonder who paid for his trip to the France? He's been in my town for skiing I think with the first girlfriend. Apparently drunk and smoking a little weed at a concert!!!

9. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

I can't imagine any of those women really being in it for him. Instant step-mom to all those kids? It would take a special lady.

10. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Jul 12, 2009

Wow. I'm so sad at how all this has turned out. It keeps getting worse.

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

I bet his kids are so proud of daddy.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 12, 2009

Pathetic.

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

:( I saw the picture yesterday. I guess they're just moving on; it's too bad. I really wished he would have just had some time to himself and cleared his mind. Why, get involved with someone else?!

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

I've taken up for Jon before because I actually like him and his personality. And people should be happy in life...

But I'll never understand the overwhelming need people have to be someone, as though taking a few months to sort through life and help their children understand this transition (not that he can't have a girlfriend and be there for his kids simultaneously...he certainly can) would just be impossible.

15. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

Here's hoping his children are somehow kept out of this mess (the same for MJ's children).

16. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

He has acknowledged he smoked, but he says not around the children...hope it's true.

18. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

wow; I didn't know Kate would put up with that!?!

19. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

I get that he wants to live his life now as a single person, regardless of whether the world is watching or not. However, he has kids who could possibly see those pictures eventually. I wish he would've just waited a bit before going public with her.

20. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Ed Hardy probably paid for that trip. Ed Hardy's whole family is in France and Ed was apparently meeting with Jon about a job for his clothing line.

21. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Jul 12, 2009

I agree

He has nothing to offer...unless a girl wants her 15 minutes of fame by being associated with him.

22. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 12, 2009

The girl is the daughter of their family friend. The surgeon who did Kate's tummy tuck.

23. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Jul 12, 2009

Kids

I also feel bad for the kids, but their lives could never be "normal" anyway.

24. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 12, 2009

This family of friends are not LONG standing family friends. The surgeon's wife saw the first documentary about the sextuplets and suggested to her husband that he should do something to help this woman and her stomach. They didn't know Jon and Kate at all. Then sometime in the first or second season, Kate had the surgery done. The wife-who also worked at her husband's practice said that Kate was very nice in person. Ok...let's say they started to socialize once in a while....

this isn't like Woody Allen and SunYee previn-where he practically was her father and then he is now her lover. These people are more like family aquaintances.

I'm not as much a Jon fan as i WAS...but certainly not a Kate fan.

Things that have turned my opinion on Jon.

1) Moving to NYC. You have little children...and even IF you don't see them every day....if something happened or you were needed...that's a haul to get back. His care for them seems less genuine when he feels he needs to go that far away....and ESPECIALLY when there is no current job for him in NYC.

2) When he gave, as a semi-justification of starting a new life, "I'm only 32." Ok, You are...but a 32 year old WITH 8 KIDS. You don't GET another single life without commitments.
    The kids aren't a chapter in a book...turn the page and it's ok to walk away. They are human beings who are half yours. And they will be effected by your decisions.

Kate is not an innocent...and I have NO sympathy for her crocodile tears...too little, too late.

25. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jul 12, 2009

This makes me SICK!

26. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jul 13, 2009

I am sad, too. Blech! He has turned into such a loser.

27. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 13, 2009

It will all even out when it is Kates' turn to spend the week without children. Now they will have a battle of huge trips just to show who is cooler. Not my cup of tea. Haven't watched in years.

28. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 13, 2009

Friends, acquaintances....it's still pretty weird. The daughter was 17 or 18 when Kate went to stay with them for her surgery. Now she's dating her soon to be ex-husband. How's that for awkward!

29. JustT

JustT Comrade

Jul 13, 2009

That whole deal makes me sad. I find it so close to what happend in my marriage because, when my EX's business took off and became lucrative... he forgot he had a family. All types of girls came running up to him and they didn't care he had a wife, a son, and a newborn. They helped him spend his money too until his business flopped and he had to move in with his mother. It took him a decade to realize what he lost.

It seems like the family has already come to the point of no return. I really wanted them to make it work and value their family

30. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 13, 2009

I never watched the show. Do you think being on television and having every move monitored made a difference in their marriage? I would think it would be difficult to have a "normal" relationship for the parents, and childhoods for these kiddos under those circumstances.

31. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2009

Jem, this is funny!

32. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2009

I think that played into it, TeacherinTexas; but I really believe that both Jon & Kate had "people/family" issues way before the kids and cameras came along. I think they're "difficult" people...yes, even Jon. They both never learned the word "respect".

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2009

Definitely! I think ANYONE in the public eye, whether people whose move is monitored every second as well as regular celebs (in TV/film/music) have to be extremely strong & a certain type of person for their marriage to last. Look how many celebs don't stay together. Michael J. Fox & his wife Tracy Pollan are one of the rare few celeb couples who have been married for a LONG time & still are.

I don't count Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell because they technically never tied the knot...they've been playing house all these yrs.

34. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 13, 2009

I think it's more than that. I think it's also narcissm and a need to have 15 minutes of fame-real or faked.

If you watch older shows about Jon and Kate (not sure if it was the orginial documentary about them-probably was, or the first season) they showed their courtship...and the two of them filmed themselves for YEARS like a reality show. Weird. But when you DO those sort of things (not unlike an addict) you start to need the next big thing to rock your boat.

Don't you wonder the THINKING that had to go through their minds when they realized they had that huge a number of multiples...and how to get money for them/sell the story? A reality show would have been SECOND NATURE to them.

I would think that people/family/friends were telling them for years to tone it down or stop--but by that point, they were too far over the edge! (Which MAY be a good reason that they have abandoned MANY family and friends.)

LIKE Michael Jackson (to name a celebrity) when all you have (left) surrounding you are yes-men... your idea of life gets to be dillusional. I think jon and Kate dilluded themselves (probably still are) and their marriage and family pay the price.

35. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Jul 13, 2009

I can't wait until their 15 minutes of fame is over!!!

36. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2009

DISGUSTING